Emerald Park Condos (Bazis International, Plaza, Metropia) - Real Estate

white_gts

Member Bio
Reaction score
For those that care...

All 1 bedroom units and 1 plus 1 units are sold out as of yesterday.

There is a few two bedroom units left and I just bought one yesterday. I believe the price will be increased this Thursday once the unit is available to the agents and for sure on Friday when it is open to the public the price will rise again. Even though the 1 bedrooms/ 1 plus 1's are sold out they have mentioned that they have saved a few for the AGENT Viewing on Thursday only and was also told that the price SHOULD go up but not as much as 1 Bloor of course.

I was able to get a unit yesterday through a friend that got invited through the friends and family sale of Emerald Park. As of yeterday there was about 20 people inline outside already. After seeing what they offer as material and how the kitchen and washroom will look like I can tell you this CONDO is going to be very HOT on the market. Very upscale look.

Bidding War?

Any idea of what the increase in price will be?

For those that care...

All 1 bedroom units and 1 plus 1 units are sold out as of yesterday.

There is a few two bedroom units left and I just bought one yesterday. I believe the price will be increased this Thursday once the unit is available to the agents and for sure on Friday when it is open to the public the price will rise again. Even though the 1 bedrooms/ 1 plus 1's are sold out they have mentioned that they have saved a few for the AGENT Viewing on Thursday only and was also told that the price SHOULD go up but not as much as 1 Bloor of course.

I was able to get a unit yesterday through a friend that got invited through the friends and family sale of Emerald Park. As of yeterday there was about 20 people inline outside already. After seeing what they offer as material and how the kitchen and washroom will look like I can tell you this CONDO is going to be very HOT on the market. Very upscale look.

X CONDO...

To be honest I dont have an answer for you interms of how much it will go up by. However I can tell you yesterday my agent who is my personal friend went back to the sales office on 25 Sheppard Ave and he was advised by one of the head sales people at the sales centre that for sure the price will move up on Thursday however she was not able to release the news due to conflict of interest.

Im assuming a 1 bedroom would go up by 10K and a 2 bedroom would atleast go up by 20k. Remember this is a high end condo so the prices may be more but to be fair I say atleast 10-20K depending on the unit.

I know the jump wont be crazy like 1 Bloor but if the lineup gets crazier you just never know how much they may jack it up by. I know when all said in done when this building is completed I will make a very decent size profit. :D

X CONDO...

To be honest I dont have an answer for you interms of how much it will go up by. However I can tell you yesterday my agent who is my personal friend went back to the sales office on 25 Sheppard Ave and he was advised by one of the head sales people at the sales centre that for sure the price will move up on Thursday however she was not able to release the news due to conflict of interest.

Im assuming a 1 bedroom would go up by 10K and a 2 bedroom would atleast go up by 20k. Remember this is a high end condo so the prices may be more but to be fair I say atleast 10-20K depending on the unit.

I know the jump wont be crazy like 1 Bloor but if the lineup gets crazier you just never know how much they may jack it up by. I know when all said in done when this building is completed I will make a very decent size profit. :D

I noticed that many of the other condos in that area are much cheaper than Emerald. Do you think that there will be that much of a demand for this place after the two buildings and Hullmark is built? The area seems like there are plenty of condo's for sale. I suspect that there will probably be a mass sell off after the two big projects are finished and the profit might not be that great. Anyways I could be wrong, but please let me know your opinions.

I noticed that many of the other condos in that area are much cheaper than Emerald. Do you think that there will be that much of a demand for this place after the two buildings and Hullmark is built? The area seems like there are plenty of condo's for sale. I suspect that there will probably be a mass sell off after the two big projects are finished and the profit might not be that great. Anyways I could be wrong, but please let me know your opinions.

I absolutely agree that this is a high end project, judging from the finishing's of the kitchen and standard features, it doesn't look like any details have been overlooked. It is unlike anything in NYCC so it has that going for itself even when all the condos get built.

I definitely think there is a demand for this type of project in NYCC.

I wonder what type of buying frenzy we can expect when it opens up to the agents and buyers

This Condo cannot be compared to any other condo in North York. If you have seen the standard Kitchen and washroom layout and the materials they will be using you will understand what kind of clients they are trying to draw in. This Condo compared to other Condo is like compaing Toyota to BMW interims of class. It's just like some people like the high end things and this Condo will fit that with it's elegant and posh style.

I absolutely agree that this is a high end project, judging from the finishing's of the kitchen and standard features, it doesn't look like any details have been overlooked. It is unlike anything in NYCC so it has that going for itself even when all the condos get built.

I definitely think there is a demand for this type of project in NYCC.

I wonder what type of buying frenzy we can expect when it opens up to the agents and buyers

All the 1 bedrooms and 1 plus 1's are already SOLD OUT. A few 2 bedrooms are left and take note that this is before the VIP AGENT open on Thursday. People are lining up outside but of course not as much of 1 Bloor. The only differance from this Condo and 1 Bloor is that this one is not as high and the location. If you can try to drop in the sales office and take a look at the kitchen and the washroom. It is amazing.

All the 1 bedrooms and 1 plus 1's are already SOLD OUT. A few 2 bedrooms are left and take note that this is before the VIP AGENT open on Thursday. People are lining up outside but of course not as much of 1 Bloor. The only differance from this Condo and 1 Bloor is that this one is not as high and the location. If you can try to drop in the sales office and take a look at the kitchen and the washroom. It is amazing.

Why would people line up outside if the 1 bedrooms are sold out?

I wonder how Tridel's Hullmark will compare to this building in terms of features and finishes

I guess they don't know it's sold out?

The builder may be holding on to some units though.

I wonder what the appreciation value will be in a few years, correct me if I'm wrong but prices are in around $500/sq ft?

I strongly believe they only released a small portion to friends & family (aka corruption) event. A friend of mine bought a 1+1 unit on 26 floor. He contacted ALL RE agents who promoted this project and only had to chose from floors 8,14,26 and 34. Mind you, Emerald Park will be TWO towers.

Why would people line up outside if the 1 bedrooms are sold out?

Maybe becasue they dont know it is sold out? When they say SOLD OUT it means SOLD OUT for FAMILY and FRIENDS. The builder has to save atleast a few units for VIP AGENT PREVIEW.

I'm referring to the illusion of scarcity and exclusivity. There are plenty of suites for sale still at 1 Bloor East. Why else would the developer be taking full page advertisements out in the big dailies? It's an old marketing trick to create a false sense of urgency to 'Get it now while supplies last! Meanwhile, there are plenty of seats in the theatre and by the time the dust have settled those seats will be offered at a discount.

Won't those units have horrible views or the layouts aren't as nice. It's pretty much the left overs aren't they? Why wouldn't you want to get first pick and pay a little more?

I'm referring to the illusion of scarcity and exclusivity. There are plenty of suites for sale still at 1 Bloor East. Why else would the developer be taking full page advertisements out in the big dailies? It's an old marketing trick to create a false sense of urgency to 'Get it now while supplies last! Meanwhile, there are plenty of seats in the theatre and by the time the dust have settled those seats will be offered at a discount.

Every builder will always offer discounts on units that are not sold near the end. These indeed will be crappy units referring to the ones on the very very low level that hear all the street noises.

I doubt there are plenty of suites left at 1 Bloor and if there is then it must be the very expensive ones. To me I dont care if there are units left or not as long as I know I got the best price and with the best price I will be eating the biggest margin of profit when I flip it. :)

Back