News   Apr 26, 2024
 2.1K     4 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 461     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 1K     1 

416 area code envy

I grew up in the suburbs where I had the 905/289 #s and just now I got a 647 #. I officially feel Torontonian!

I'm sorry, that is insufficient 416-ness. :p

I've wanted to change my number a good number of times now but always refrain from doing so in order to not lose my 416-ness.

Me and my family have asked the cell phone companies for telephone numbers with the very same last four digits, to match our original home telephone number. So now the land line has 416-aaa-bbbb, and our cell phone numbers are 647-aaa-bbbb and 647-ccc-bbbb, where bbbb are the very same digits.

And since we can transfer the numbers from one cell phone/telephone company to another, we can carry the same numbers continuously throughout our lives. Anyone have the number transfer in their last will and testament?

I grabbed a 416 number when I got my first cell about 10 years ago - in Newmarket. Certainly not giving it up now. From what I recall it was a pure chance thing - I was given 4 options, 3 of them were 905 numbers. I picked the 416 number since the last four digits were something like 4445 where three of the digits were the same.

I have had the same 416 cell phone number since 2003. It will never change. Taking that to my grave.

Right?

Every time I've had creeps having my number and pissing me off I've almost had panic attacks and changed it but kept it in the end. They can't take that away from me. Ignoring people works just as well.

I got my 416 number in 2011, and I didn't realize how lucky I was at the time. Didn't even ask for it. Definitely going to pass it down to my children.

hahaaa

Whoah, that is quite late in the game. I got mine in 2005. It's kinda cute when people I haven't talked to in a decade text me once in a while. They always get offended when I don't recognise their number because I've deleted it or am on a different phone from when I last talked to them (though, I've been rocking the same phone since 2011).

I got my 647 # in like 01 or 02. Still deeply ashamed about it. Lived outside the city several times for years at a time but somehow held onto it. To this day something about 647 seems cheap. Maybe it's my ocd with even #s being better than odd. But whenever I get an unknown call from a 647 it's an immediate ignore. In my eyes it's the area code for autodialers, telemarketers, or fly-by-night businesses.

What? They were tossing around 647s that long ago? Don't recall that. Typical me.

Though, now that I think of it, I do remember 647s in 2004.

I have friends who have moved to BC and still rock their 416 numbers. Represent!

What? They were tossing around 647s that long ago? Don't recall that. Typical me.

Though, now that I think of it, I do remember 647s in 2004.

I have friends who have moved to BC and still rock their 416 numbers. Represent!
My first cell phone, way back when in 2001, was a 647. I have no idea how I got so unlucky, but quite frankly at that age I was just excited to have a cell phone.

My second cell phone in about 2002 was a 647 as well. I still remember the full number, but it went 647-666-XXXX. I had bad luck as a kid. My current 416 number since 2003 is actually pretty sweet. It only has 4 numbers. Very even and symmetrical looking. My OCD is pleased...

How come no one is talking about their 437 number? Where does that rank?
What?! Get out of here with your numerical child of 647! Obviously lesser even than 647: -2,-1,-0

Ashamed sounds harsh btw. It’s only a phone number.

Nah, ashamed of having the wrong social status. This can be truly psychologically afflicting. Mind you I wouldn't know since I'm 416 massive.

Back