News   Apr 25, 2024
 340     0 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 1K     4 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 1K     0 

365-367 Queen Street West (Silver Snail site, 3s, Montgomery Sisam)

Some of their recent buildings have been eco-conscious but bland. My favourite M-S project is the Humber Bay Arch Bridge. It doesn't seem to have much relation to their current work.

snails21.jpg

snails21b.jpg

Though they've retained some depth to the facade, this is almost one of the more comical attempts at preserving a facade I've witnessed. It looks like the second and third stories are perched on a shelf above the street. Ridiculous, I hope they modify this to restore the original ground floor as opposed to "modernizing" it.

Though they've retained some depth to the facade, this is almost one of the more comical attempts at preserving a facade I've witnessed. It looks like the second and third stories are perched on a shelf above the street. Ridiculous, I hope they modify this to restore the original ground floor as opposed to "modernizing" it.

Agree. That render me LOL. Just horrible.

The developer should take it back to the drawing board. The heritage facade can be integrated into the development to look like an entire old building. The contemporary facade should have more glazing and look like an actual building, not a shopping mall storefront.

Back