News   Apr 26, 2024
 352     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 914     1 

2024 United States presidential election

Jonny5

Member Bio
Reaction score
I thought to make a new discussion thread here on the US election.
Even though it's still ten months away, there's a lot happening already.
The Republican party primary state is quite interesting with Nikki Haley. As of now Trump is already claiming victory, but clearly it is not settled yet and the South Carolina primary on February 24 will be a pivotal moment before this election, especially since that's where Haley was governor.

I have started to re-watch VEEP as comic relief and it remains an interesting show. I actually watched this episode yesterday
1707061969269.png

and today read...

Nikki Haley drops in on ‘Saturday Night Live’ cold open as surprise guest​

2 minute read
Updated 6:34 AM EST, Sun February 4, 2024

The chances of Trump getting destroyed are nil. He has a solid chance of actually winning, if anything.
It would be madness for me to make any strong predictions either way, but I do perceive that the x-factors that gave Trump his win in 2016 and his close call in 2020 are no longer entirely on his side. When you're Broke Don, with criminal trials starting in less than two weeks, with the US economy on the upswing, and the GOP needlessly provoking women and supporters of reproduction rights to the polls, I give Trump a lower chance of winning this time around.... but no promises, it's a long way off still.

Last edited:
The other unknown is how many Democratic voters will just stay home or cast a protest vote. The last four years have hardly been inspiring and comments from old guard politicians like Hillary Clinton have been really tone deaf.

Biden’s exceptionally strong support for Israel’s offensive in Gaza is unpopular with many voters, especially in must-win areas like suburban Detroit.

Last edited:

Back