News   May 10, 2024
 962     0 
News   May 10, 2024
 961     0 

2011-2012 Leafs

Jonny5

Member Bio
Reaction score
Yes, it's only November and only 14 games have been played, but the Leafs are at the top of their division, second in the conference and tied for second in the league.

Thoughts? Opinions? Trash talk?

I keep waiting for Kessel to flame out and then the inevitable seven game losing streak. But it hasn't happened yet! Though maybe it started last night...

Last edited:
Well it looks like I got very little response on this. Come on my friends! We've won three in a row. Who's on the bandwagon with me?

Well it looks like I got very little response on this.
My theory is that the local team which best represents this particular forum (for those who like sports) is not the Leafs.

Who's on the bandwagon with me?
To make the playoffs, I'm on it. To be an elite team, I think we'll need at least another year for that.

My theory is that the local team which best represents this particular forum (for those who like sports) is not the Leafs.

To make the playoffs, I'm on it. To be an elite team, I think we'll need at least another year for that.

Thanks for the reply! I know this isn't hockey central, but there's always room for more aboard the bandwagon.
This year's team has sustained the kind of energy necessary to pull off a playoff run at least. I haven't seen anything like it since Clark was around.

Bell and Rogers purchased Teachers' share of MLSE for ~$2Billion. I'm sure very little in the MLSE board room will impact the teams, but what they will do with TV contracts and game packaging will be interesting. The CBC contract ends in 2014. Also there will probably be even more arcane rules about season tickets, like you have to buy $500 of Blue Jays tickets to be able to pay to get on the waiting list to buy Raptors season tickets which, when you actually get the Raptors tickets, will then allow you access to pay to get on the waiting list for Leaf's Red section tickets. Don't even think about gold seats unless you sign a new three year cell phone contract with Rogers!

Last edited:
In the words of Rogers’ CEO Nadir Mohamed, “It’s the perfect marriage of content and distribution.â€

Which one of those two plays RW on that line?

Stolen from comments section of the CBC:

"Great. Now Leaf players will be 30% slower than advertised and the team will hit its salary cap two weeks into the season.

Had to go to OT tonight to beat the worst team in the league. One point is better than none I suppose.

They still get two points for the win.

Wow, I had a brain fart there.

So, Wilson got his contract extension. I'm not a Wilson fan, but I don't think an intra-season replacement could do any better.

Leafs v. Florida tonight. I expect an easy win!

EDIT: And they lost! Boooo....

Well hopefully we can roll Carolina and Winnipeg and end the year on a high note.

Last edited:

Back