News   May 17, 2024
 342     0 
News   May 17, 2024
 270     0 
News   May 17, 2024
 3.5K     5 

2007.03.11 Photo Updates (AGO, UoT, RCM, ROM, etc)

Update

Thanks AoD for the update. I took a stroll to see a couple of the projects personally today- all of them making great progress.

I am however, a little confused about the AGO. Isn't the giant steel girder supposed to run the entire length of the AGO's Dundas street facade? Also, by the looks of it, the new Glulam stuff, or however it is called looks a little off- maybe because it is incomplete, but..not overly appealing-yet!

HP's Economics building looks good- should be a nice addition to UofT's campus.

p5

Re: Update

Am i the only one here thinking that if the installed ROM cladding indeed has no protective coating on it that it's a little disappointing?

The Denver project's titanium squares all ripple a little and thus have the effect of constant water being poured over a surface. Its a success. I really hope ours is not a disappointment.

p5: The steel girder is the floor of the sculpture gallery - it starts where the west end of the Moore Gallery opens into it, and from there it runs for most of the rest of the length of the building. The Thomson collection and the African/Oceanic collections are housed just behind it.

Isn't the giant steel girder supposed to run the entire length of the AGO's Dundas street facade?

Its there. Look at the picture more closely. Its the rusty looking thing.

Back