Toronto 1Thousand Bay | 104.85m | 32s | Cresford | a—A

H ope not, Casa doesn't impress me.

The development will fill in a hole in the Bay Street "canyon", and will also nicely frame the south side of the open space which hopefully will remain to some extent at least on the block immediately to the north.

as per a post by current over at SSC, Cresford is listing 1000 Bay as "coming soon" in the latest Condo Guide....this is the parking lot directly north of Bistro 990, correct? :)

Yes - they've been running that ad for a couple of months now. Cresford also acquired the property on Yonge just south of Davisville by the train tracks overlooking the Mount Pleasant cemetery, but they may split that property up instead of developing it themselves.

Cresford also acquired the property on Yonge just south of Davisville by the train tracks overlooking the Mount Pleasant cemetery, but they may split that property up instead of developing it
themselves.

I walked past that a few weeks back and there was one of those little white signs mentioning a 29 storey building application...

I walked past that a few weeks back and there was one of those little white signs mentioning a 29 storey building application...

That's it? I would have thought they could easily get more density than that on that spot.

Photos taken January 9 of the 1000 Bay development site.

From Bay and St. Joseph St the site currently a parking lot is on the southwest corner.
2181672347_7bcd2b35cf_b.jpg

Looking west.
2181672335_e4d418c404_b.jpg

Looking north towards the St. Michael's College campus.
2181613415_6b248c8c50_b.jpg

Looking east.
2181613403_25664f8cf6_b.jpg

I think within 5 years there wont be a single empty lot on Bay St. from the Lakeshore to Davenport! And all this new development isnt stingy on height either... Should be an incredible sight!

In This Month's Condo Guide, Cresford's ad claims that "1000 Bay" is ..."coming Soon"

which means it's official?
well at least That Cresford is doin' something!

They have been saying that for some time now.

It is official, that they will be developing, but they are apparently going through the process of getting additional density approved. The existing zoning permits six times coverage, which would result in just under 75,000 square feet of floor area. That's a bit low for the midtown district, and they will want to get approval for more.

wow, that was cool to see all the financial details of the deal... I always wonder about such things. You would have to assume that the economics of the deal should cause things to move along fairly quickly from this point.

Back