News   Apr 26, 2024
 2.3K     4 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 549     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 1.1K     1 

180-190 Webb Dr (MCC, Baif Developments Ltd, 18+5s+Towns, Kirkor)

I don't know if this is the same proposal, but there is a planning application sign up on Webb Drive, directly to the east of 250 Webb Dr., for Baif Developments, for an 18 storey tower with a 5 storey podium, as well as 22 townhouses in 3 separate blocks....this is not on Burnhamthorpe, but is on the south side of Webb Drive (or where Webb is to be extended), between 250 Webb and Fairview elementary school....there is no line drawing on the sign, only a map and notice of application...and they've put up a fence around the property..

I'll try and snap a pic tomorrow...

Last edited:
Sounds like it's for the development on the "south" side of Webb Dr.

From Kirkor's website:
The third, lower 18-storey building is designed to create a transition between higher density and the lower-rise single family townhomes with patios at grade. The site has an open courtyard that welcomes in the nearby school.

I don't know if this is the same proposal, but there is a planning application sign up on Webb Drive, directly to the east of 250 Webb Dr., for Baif Developments, for an 18 storey tower with a 5 storey podium, as well as 22 townhouses in 3 separate blocks....this is not on Burnhamthorpe, but is on the south side of Webb Drive (or where Webb is to be extended), between 250 Webb and Fairview elementary school....there is no line drawing on the sign, only a map and notice of application...and they've put up a fence around the property..

I'll try and snap a pic tomorrow...

I would say that this a different development and right next to the school.

The tower will be on Webb with the townhouses to the south to match up with the single homes there now.

What will be interested, will Palgave Rd be extended up to Sq One that will run next to the Onyx Condos or will the new street start at Webb Dr? If it gets extended, the folks on this street will be piss off having through traffic when the street stop about a block south now. I expect the the street will remain close to Webb.

I have a photo of the lot shot years ago and no idea where it is.

I believe we are talking about the land below, from Nov, 2011
bottom right
20111127019-1.jpg

20111127020.jpg

I do believe Jason is correct, it's the land south of the Webb dirt path. Didn't realize how much land was there! It will be interesting to see how they plan on laying things out. Hope we see some renders soon.

photo's a bit iffy.....hope you can make out the map...

7218326066_dd26a4299a_b.jpg

I'm glad something is happening here and follows the height of other buildings in the area, rather than be lower like the models in the Downtown21 plan. There is room here for 5-7 buildings - depending on type - which will connect what from the north and south seems like two separate skylines in the MCC.

It is key to tying the Hurontario/Kariya clusters to the Webb/Confederation clusters. I'd love to see some high rise commercial go in on the north side of Burnhamthorpe to really add some life to both sides of the street, but those lots will probably remain vacant for a while yet, while Cadillac Fairview remains SquareOne focused.

No retail is mentioned in the zoning amendment proposal, which doesn't surprise me as it would be par for the course at MCC.
I'm not sure retail makes sense along Webb anyways - the sign isn't for the buildings along Burnhamthorpe - but a 5 story podium likely has something retail.

By the look, it looks like Palgave Rd is going to be extended and bad news for the current residents on that street.

See no need for retail in this project.

I agree with Office Tower, but that would be on the north side as well at Kariya that should have retail.

Was by Widesuite today and none of the 9 retail areas on Hurontario have been lease yet. Don't expect to see it happening for a few years. No feet on the street in this area now.

This will be the last development on the south side of Webb Dr, as there no more room without tearing the school and park down.

By the look, it looks like Palgave Rd is going to be extended and bad news for the current residents on that street.

See no need for retail in this project.

I agree with Office Tower, but that would be on the north side as well at Kariya that should have retail.

Was by Widesuite today and none of the 9 retail areas on Hurontario have been lease yet. Don't expect to see it happening for a few years. No feet on the street in this area now.

This will be the last development on the south side of Webb Dr, as there no more room without tearing the school and park down.

It clearly says "Pathway" on the site plan, so I don't think there are any plans to extend Palgrave. It looks like access will be from Webb Drive according to that site plan. (top right)

It clearly says "Pathway" on the site plan, so I don't think there are any plans to extend Palgrave. It looks like access will be from Webb Drive according to that site plan. (top right)
I was just about to post the same thing. Palgrave will remain a crescent with a pathway extending to Webb, and a new street will connect Webb to Burnhamthorpe and into the mall. Does that quasi-road within the SQ1 property already have a name?

Back