News   May 27, 2024
 1.1K     0 
News   May 27, 2024
 921     1 
News   May 27, 2024
 5.1K     3 

1 King West hotel rooms.

THX,

I agree that we need to be respectful. That is why this is my favourite forum. There is a fine line between humour and mean spiritedness. Sometimes we all cross that line, especially when people are discussing The Harry or Miketoronto. Being cool has nothing to do with being hurtful.

I believe V of E's departure had more to do with his problems with the forum's "gay agenda".

I was on a couple of travel sites last night reading the hotel reviews for Toronto. As crazy as Harry may be, his hands-on management style seems to be working. The reviews are excellent, particularly in the area of customer service. With occupancy really picking up and cashflow starting, I'm feeling much better about my investment.

The Dominion Club finally got a liquor license as well, so this should help with exposure. I think some investors got cold feet and bailed early on this development (one unit sold for less than $200k on mls). I believe those that hang on will be rewarded.

My brother stayed in the hotel a few weeks back with his GF from the states. They quite enjoyed it although apparently they only had a view of the building next door. He drove in with his beat up old pick-up...literally no paint, with red-neck stickers all over it as he bought it for $400 in Georgia. The valet paring guy told them they were in the wrong place! I met them in the lobby, a few guys were watching hockey around the bar. We had three $12 martini's and then left. I was expecting something lavish but it seemed to be all quite a modest affair. However- it is the coolest highrise to be built in TO over the last ten years.

True, despite the criticisms here, One King West is definately one of the best and most prominent additions to the Toronto skyline in a loooooonnnnng time.

Back