News   May 27, 2024
 850     0 
News   May 27, 2024
 752     1 
News   May 27, 2024
 4.5K     3 

1 King West: Harry @ 500 feet

I thought it was a joke the first time I saw it. Sure puts the Royal York sign to shame lol

IMG_3501.jpg

IMG_3515.jpg

Who on earth can read that while driving along the Gardiner without driving off the road and causing a huge accident in the process.

$12.99 NOMA Christmas Lights, on sale now at Canadian Tire.

AoD

Wouldn't it make more sense to place it along the very top where there are no windows?

And that's probably translate to having all weather lighting fixtures, addition costs due to exterior installations, etc.

AoD

Well the penthouses are empty so it cheaper to do it this way. I'm sure they'll be moved should they ever sell that units.

Like I said I thought it was a joke when I first saw it a few months back.

A little mockup...

IMG_3515-redux.jpg

I doubt the city would allow something this big, but between the one he has up top and that terrible sign on the south side about 12 floors up that looks like it was designed in MS Word, there has to be a decent alternative.

Sadly, much too good for 'Harry's Folly'...it's more of a Shelbyville idea. I also omitted the Starbucks logo...in hindsight, probably a smart move as I still see no mention of the phantom Starbucks either on site or at Starbucks.com

Opening as soon as possible they said. Then again, High Park Lofts was supposed to have been complete and fully occupied a few years ago too.

Well, a Michael Findlay film fest would probably make that soft spot hard in no time. (Trivia: Michael Findlay was the grindhouse movie king who got rotor-decapitated atop Pan Am in 1977)

Back