News   May 09, 2024
 454     0 
News   May 09, 2024
 782     1 
News   May 09, 2024
 536     0 

1 Bloor East, DEAD AND BURIED (Bazis, -2s, Varacalli)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rather stand behind a Canadian builder for this project. How can you trust Bazis as a builder now???? I'm looking for a way out!

IF the current chaos is indicative of how the rest of the project will be both during and after construction, I suggest all right-thinking buyers who value their hard earned money find a way out of the agreement to purchase. The writing is on the wall, baby. No turnin' back. Grab your cash find a shiny new project to trow your money at...Give Brad Lamb a call.

I certainly hope that, if they do manage to fend off this takeover bid (for lack of a better term), they actually do have enough buyers to move ahead with the project. They sure as hell won't be getting many more after all this, that's for sure...

IF the current chaos is indicative of how the rest of the project will be both during and after construction, I suggest all right-thinking buyers who value their hard earned money find a way out of the agreement to purchase. The writing is on the wall, baby. No turnin' back. Grab your cash find a shiny new project to trow your money at...Give Brad Lamb a call.

so you recommend buyers move from a worse situation to just bad ... :D

I continue to think that something will be built here, sooner than later. It may be by Bazis, or may be by someone else, but this location is just too good to sit vacant for very long at all.

So was the N/E corner of Yonge & Dundas... ;)

Yes... Get your hard earned money out of their greedy hands an run!! I've heard too many bad things about their shaddy business for a while now. One of their employee's even said. " We have lawyers on salary...don't waist your money" Who say's that???!

Kazakh Developer Avoids Receivership for Project (Update1)

By Joe Schneider

July 20 (Bloomberg) -- Bazis International, a Kazakh developer planning a C$542 million ($490 million) hotel- condominium tower in Toronto, struck a deal with lenders that stopped the project from being put into immediate receivership.

A group of private lenders, who put up C$46 million for the development, deferred a request before an Ontario judge to place the project into receivership today and sell the property in the center of Toronto after negotiating all day with Bazis lawyers.

“The loan has been in an almost constant state of default since December,” Gary Berman, a spokesman for the lenders, said in court documents requesting the appointment of the accounting firm Ernst & Young Inc. as receiver.

Details of today’s agreement weren’t immediately available. Ontario Superior Court Judge Herman Siegel adjourned the request to Aug. 18, with consent from the lenders, provided conditions of the order are complied with. Siegel said he would sign a final copy of the order tomorrow.

Bazis planned to build an 80-story tower that would include retailers and a Sofitel hotel, at 1 Bloor Street East, the main intersection in downtown Toronto. The condominium units start at C$500,000 and sell for as much as C$8 million. When the units were first put up for sale in 2007, real estate agents hired people to stand in line for days to be among the first to put deposits on the apartments. Almost 500 buyers have made deposits, Bazis said.

Height Lowered

The developer has since lowered the planned height of the building to reduce costs and has offered to refund deposits to people who bought units on top floors that will no longer be built, the Toronto Star reported.

Bazis accused the lenders in a statement, issued before today’s hearing was scheduled to begin, of using the courts to complete a “back-door acquisition” to “purchase the best site in Canada at a significant discount.”

The lender group bought the loan from Societe Generale when the Paris-based bank needed to raise cash, Bazis said. Bazis also had an agreement with Lehman Brothers Holdings Inc. for construction financing, the developer said. The deal fell apart when Lehman Brothers filed for bankruptcy in September.

The case is 2201334 Ontario Ltd. v. 1 Bloor St. East., 09-8256-00CL, Ontario Superior Court of Justice (Toronto)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back