News   May 21, 2024
 83     0 
News   May 17, 2024
 3.1K     5 
News   May 17, 2024
 2.2K     3 

1 Bloor East, DEAD AND BURIED (Bazis, -2s, Varacalli)

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to my friends in the industrry, Tricon was also involved in both phases of College Park, Murano, 100 Yorkville, etc. He says that they have been the money behind many of the major projects downtown for the last number of years. Sounds promising for the future of the site.

another positive rumour posted last night by Epi over at SSC...

I was looking at some condos yesterday. The salesperson at the X sales center told me that she has a friend working at 1 Bloor and apparently just yesterday they got financing and are going to finally build. Still waiting on official word though...

I just called Bazis's Emerald Park Presentation at 416-221-8821 and was informed that the Emerald Park project is a go. Like 1BE, Emerald Park is on its second Conditional Date. Hope 1BE will get built as well.

I just called Bazis's Emerald Park Presentation at 416-221-8821 and was informed that the Emerald Park project is a go. Like 1BE, Emerald Park is on its second Conditional Date. Hope 1BE will get built as well.

how can Emerald Park be a go ... they don't even have zoning permission to build the density, residential vs. commercial, etc !?!?!

how can Emerald Park be a go ... they don't even have zoning permission to build the density, residential vs. commercial, etc !?!?!
Not only that, they face opposition in the neighbourhood. Getting their approvals will be a fight, at best.

At this point I think 1BE is far more likely to proceed than Emerald Park.

financing

overheard this"

financing approved by "alberta pension fund " or alberta pension plan "\\

not sure but definetly something about alberta and getting their financing,,,,

also hotel plans are in preliminary stages......

overheard this"

financing approved by "alberta pension fund " or alberta pension plan "\\

not sure but definetly something about alberta and getting their financing,,,,

also hotel plans are in preliminary stages......

July 16th deadline fast approaching ... hopefully financing is all that is holding this project back and it's all a 'go'.

Does anyone know if excavation & shoring permits were even issued?

Application: Partial Permit Status: Under Review

TORONTO ON M4W 1A9

Ward 27: Toronto Centre-Rosedale

Application#: 08 201447 FND 00 PP Accepted Date: Sep 9, 2008

Project: Mixed Use/Res w Non Res Partial Permit - Foundation

Description: Part Permit - Proposal to construct a 4 sty podium consisting of retail and hotel/residential area & 5 levels of below grade parking. NOTE: Future 77 sty tower to follow as PHASE 2.

---

Application: Partial Permit Status: Under Review

TORONTO ON M4W 1A9

Application#: 08 201447 SHO 00 PP Accepted Date: Sep 9, 2008

Project: Mixed Use/Res w Non Res Partial Permit - Shoring

Description: Part Permit - Proposal to construct a 4 sty podium consisting of retail and hotel/residential area & 5 levels of below grade parking. NOTE: Future 77 sty tower to follow as PHASE 2.

---

The next one, I'm not sure what the difference is between what I posted above, and what I've posted below...

Application: New Building Status: Under Review

TORONTO ON M4W 1A9

Application#: 08 201447 BLD 00 NB Accepted Date: Sep 9, 2008

Project: Mixed Use/Res w Non Res New Building

Description: Proposal to construct a 4 sty podium consisting of retail and hotel/residential area & 5 levels of below grade parking. NOTE: Future 77 sty tower to follow as PHASE 2.

---

There is also this:

Application: Drain and Site Service Status: Not Started

TORONTO ON M4W 1A9

Application#: 08 201447 DRN 00 DR Accepted Date: Sep 12, 2008

Project: Mixed Use/Res w Non Res Building Permit Related (DR)

Description: Drain - Proposal to construct a 4 sty podium consisting of retail and hotel/residential area & 5 levels of below grade parking. NOTE: Future 77 sty tower to follow as PHASE 2.

Last edited:
only 2 more days till the July 16th d-day ... am a little suprised nothing has surfaced to date ...

I look forward to hearing the final verdict on 1BE:

"To Build or Not To Build ~ That tis the question"

Is this just a false deadline tho? I wonder if the demolition work, and grading the site, and erecting hoarding all count as construction work in legal terms.

So when and if 1 Bloor gets built... this is the vantage point from which a couple of us can provide for photo updates... (And for Uptown and Crystal Blu too.)

3713366620_dc8a89a125_o.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back