News   May 10, 2024
 218     0 
News   May 09, 2024
 672     0 
News   May 09, 2024
 940     1 

1 Bloor East, DEAD AND BURIED (Bazis, -2s, Varacalli)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Scotiabank continues to be the majority owner since day one. Trizec was just a development partner and property management

Well, to one degree or another the banks - conservative by nature - have played major roles in the building of Toronto's skyline. Trump and company will definatley add a new dimension to it.

1 Bloor is having a VIP event (dignitaries and such) on October 29 and broker sales appear to be Nov 13.

posted by daphne7411 over at SSC

^For my own curiosity, I'm meeting with a realtor right after this event to get first dibs... (Not for me of course, but friends who are in the market).

Did anyone else respond to that 1 Bloor posting on the real estate thread?

Well, to one degree or another the banks - conservative by nature - have played major roles in the building of Toronto's skyline. Trump and company will definatley add a new dimension to it.
I wouldn't call most of the big bank towers conservative. The TD Centre was radical for its time. The Royal Bank towers have bling baked right into thier windows. BCE followed the pomo trend with their towers and built an un-conservative atrium. The only one I'd say is really conservative is FCP.

Yes, but even radical TD is conservatively minimalist. I agree with you on Royal Bank, and I love the building.

hey CASA

^For my own curiosity, I'm meeting with a realtor right after this event to get first dibs... (Not for me of course, but friends who are in the market).

Did anyone else respond to that 1 Bloor posting on the real estate thread?

I did, did you? What information did he provide to you? I am supposed to meet him/her on Oct 30th to go over the details.

The only one I'd say is really conservative is FCP.

Not sure if "conservative" is the word; I think FCP with all its marble tended to be attacked more for being parvenu than for being conservative.

In that sense it's rather paradoxically the clearest forerunner to the Trump spirit...

I did, did you? What information did he provide to you? I am supposed to meet him/her on Oct 30th to go over the details.

He is meeting with the builder on the 29th and won't have any info 'til then, he says. That's all I know. I'll find out on the 30th as will you, I guess.

hey

He is meeting with the builder on the 29th and won't have any info 'til then, he says. That's all I know. I'll find out on the 30th as will you, I guess.

yeah, thats what he told me as well. Well lets hope that we do get in early and get the best prices.
The only part that concerns me is that it might be priced too high for the market the current prediction is that it will start at $650/sq.ft

The only part that concerns me is that it ... will start at $650/sq.ft

Another agent told me the same thing... which I agree is too high to start at right now.

Well, we'll know for sure what 1 Bloor has to offer in 12 days...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back