News   May 21, 2024
 199     0 
News   May 21, 2024
 265     0 
News   May 17, 2024
 3.3K     5 

1 Bloor East, DEAD AND BURIED (Bazis, -2s, Varacalli)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im not too sure. We learned that the balconies had been covered because wind tunnel tests determined they would be unsafe. Removing the curve from the side may have had to do with wind issues too.
Thanks Tuscani.
Hey, maybe you can clear one more thing up. Do the 'fins' step down (with the northern most being the tallest) or are all 5 the same hieght?

Thanks Tuscani.
Hey, maybe you can clear one more thing up. Do the 'fins' step down (with the northern most being the tallest) or are all 5 the same hieght?

Im not sure about that. It wasn't mentioned during the presentation and I didn't even think of asking about it.

so what is the feeling out there? is this project going to sell-out? The crystal blu project and uptown which are close by are still selling?

It depends on ppsf, quality of the suite's materials offered & floor plan designs. It certainly has a lot of excitement going for it with all the buzz in the media, it's location and profile. I'll speculate that if this opens as a mid-priced building it will sell like wildfire. If they price it towards 4 Seasons/Shangi-La type folk I'm not so sure. I don't think well-heeled pretties want to live at Bloor & Yonge.

/\ Definitely, I hope they price this one right as there is sure to be many units to sell. HA, Imagine if this became the new Bay/Adelade stump!

Just think, we could have the next Ryugyong Hotel! It'll really contribute to that 'world class city' thing that they've tried to get going...

DSCN1097.jpg

Presentation Lounge - will they serve cocktails?

So they will not be "building" a sales centre?

Anyways, I think that building is 'posh' enough for their needs. This isn't the Four Seasons.

I was reading "Dream Homes and Condos" on the subway today and the ad for 1BE said "from $300,000". So it sounds like it's being priced a little above mid-market which is fair for that location and providing the suite features are decent.

If the smallest unit is 500 square feet, that's $600 per. Even if the smallest is 600 square feet, that is $500 per. Does that sound reasonable?

If the smallest unit is 500 square feet, that's $600 per. Even if the smallest is 600 square feet, that is $500 per. Does that sound reasonable?

I was reading in another thread how Cityplace was selling at $500 per sqft. So $500 per sqft is definetely more than reasonable, even cheap, at Yonge and Bloor.

^^ Yes, but do you know the height of the ceilings? Maybe the building was initially designed for Woodland Kazakhi folks at 7.5 feet in height :confused:

^^ Yes, but do you know the height of the ceilings? Maybe the building was initially designed for Woodland Kazakhi folks at 7.5 feet in height :confused:

Haha. Very funny. No one builds for Woodland Kazahks anymore - they build for Oil Rig Kazahks. At CruptalBlown, Bazis' first Toronto project, those roughnecks are buying 10 foot high smooth finish ceilings in all principal rooms, 9 foot smooth finish in bathrooms, kitchens, and laundry. I don't imagine that 1 Bloor East would be a step backward to much lower floor heights for Bazis...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back