News   May 17, 2024
 3K     5 
News   May 17, 2024
 2.1K     3 
News   May 17, 2024
 11K     10 

1 Bloor East, DEAD AND BURIED (Bazis, -2s, Varacalli)

Status
Not open for further replies.
i dont think that the Signature tower will get into this battle.But i sure hope that one day the south/west corner of Bloor and Yonge might be home to a supertall.Its the next best corner in Toronto for development,plus its far enough from the CN tower to avoid competition.

Funny you should mention that AG, I was standing across from Stollery's this morning thinking about that corner. The bad thing is that the site is pretty well boxed in on all sides. 2BW, 1BE, Crystal Blu, Uptown, Manulife, HBC. You wouldn't get much of a southern view until you hit the 50th floor. There are much better sites close by. Bloor & Church, SW corner for example.

Funny you should mention that AG, I was standing across from Stollery's this morning thinking about that corner. The bad thing is that the site is pretty well boxed in on all sides. 2BW, 1BE, Crystal Blu, Uptown, Manulife, HBC. You wouldn't get much of a southern view until you hit the 50th floor. There are much better sites close by. Bloor & Church, SW corner for example.

As you get further east and west of Yonge and Bloor St.area the opposition against a hi-rise height grows.Your talking of a 1000-1200 foot structure.

Also, I think there's a height restriction on Bloor st. east, since every tower between the Xerox building and the Alliance Atlantis building is basically the same height. The same height then continues past Church St. until you get to St. Paul's Church.

Height restrictions, in central Toronto, basically don't mean much. Height restrictions are part of the zoning bylaw. When a condo or office project is proposed it almost always includes an application for rezoning, including new height provisions.

953 ft. confirms it as the second tallest...for now. Let's see what happens with Aura.

It really is exciting to have three towers potentially over 900 ft. being constructed simultaneously.

No Aura

Greetings friends,

I've learned this weekend from reliable sources in the banking industry that the
Aura project has been put on hold in light of the destruction in the
worldwide credit markets. My info is merely a rumour and of course unverified but it does originate from knowledgeable and credible sources within the mortage financing world.

Peace & Kindness

Greetings friends,

I've learned this weekend from reliable sources in the banking industry that the
Aura project has been put on hold in light of the destruction in the
worldwide credit markets. My info is merely a rumour and of course unverified but it does originate from knowledgeable and credible sources within the mortage financing world.

Peace & Kindness

What is a credible source nowadays?

1724837634_e63a2d64ec1.jpg

can Bazis please just start building something on site ** or make an hotel operator announcement soon? that's gotta stop rumours ...

** despite the fact they don't have rezoning approved or building permit issued

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back