News   May 03, 2024
 992     1 
News   May 03, 2024
 603     0 
News   May 03, 2024
 289     0 

1 Bloor East, DEAD AND BURIED (Bazis, -2s, Varacalli)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's all coming down, to Hayden Street.

Indeed thanks for the pics!
Its also so sad to see what the B&W image showed.. how did we go from fine stone work to aluminum.... something must have gone wrong!

I'd say your points about King and Portland are way off.

Poor transportation? King, Queen, Bathurst, and Spadina streetcars right out your door. Waterfront access only minutes away.
New emerging retail, and an ever growing list of resturants and bars.
Easy access to Gardiner.
Queen Street Retail
Close to Chinatown.

Overall I'd say King and Portland has more going for it than Yonge and Bloor.

hahaha. i think both intersections have both good and bad characteristics. For instance, this summer I've noticed the number of drunken people causing trouble or throwing up on the streets to be on the increase. Had to pretty much walk over some guy who was throwing up on the steps of Shoppers Drug Mart last night.

an overview of the site from the south side...

2669178003_553e9470e9_o.jpg

Simply Dan, I'm sure you've been busy with actual "real work" but I gotta say you've been rather lax lately considering your front row seat....

Sorry, the mountain of paperwork on my desk has been growing taller at a much faster rate than any new skyscraper in the area! I promise I'll take some more snaps for you all soon - the view I have of the two cranes (Uptown and Crystal Blu) is incredible! Also, the demolition next door is really fascinating to watch from above.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back