News   Apr 26, 2024
 334     1 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 192     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 646     0 

Restaurant Comings & Goings

I am more excited about Nadège opening in the Richmond Adelaide Centre, since I can swing by on my way home on weekdays...

K&K really is on a tear. Metro Centre is opening in a month or so too.

Impressive, considering that most of their locations (except for Sun Life) only have three or four box items that qualify as lunch. They've seriously tapped into a market here.

I LOVE K&K, but they seem to be expanding only in the financial district. Any chance of, say, the west end or Yorkville?

Impressive, considering that most of their locations (except for Sun Life) only have three or four box items that qualify as lunch. They've seriously tapped into a market here.

Absolutely. They are the only fast-food outlet I know of that is completely gluten-free, and as such they are the best choice for people with celiac disease. Practically all other restaurants use wheat, and cross-contamination in those settings is inevitable. I am just intolerant, so a crumb of bread won't make me sick for two days (I get an elevated heart rate for a few of hours, so occasionally I decide to have wheat and then accept the symptoms that come with it - see my post about Nadège above!), but it is good to have this option.

Looks like Tutti Pizzeria in Yorkville has opened.

Absolutely. They are the only fast-food outlet I know of that is completely gluten-free, and as such they are the best choice for people with celiac disease. Practically all other restaurants use wheat, and cross-contamination in those settings is inevitable. I am just intolerant, so a crumb of bread won't make me sick for two days (I get an elevated heart rate for a few of hours, so occasionally I decide to have wheat and then accept the symptoms that come with it - see my post about Nadège above!), but it is good to have this option.

I eat there regularly as well because it's one of the only places in the food courts, besides IQ and maybe even Freshii, that serve nutritionally decent food with unprocessed ingredients. And I have zero dietary concerns -- sorry for contributing to the long line-up :eek:, but it's nice to see people making conscious decisions about what they eat and that fewer people consider Manchu-Wok / random yellow-carded shwarma joints to be an acceptable daily meal.

Last edited:
Bareburger is opening at the base of Motion at Bay and Dundas. Didn't really notice it until some people walking in front of me from Astoria New York got all excited when they saw it, thinking they were back in Astoria. Their menu looks pretty interesting with things like bison, lamb, elk, ostrich and boar burgers. They also have a brunch menu with chicken and waffles!

Last edited:
Bareburger is opening at the base of Motion at Bay and Dundas. Didn't really notice it until some people walking in front of me from Astoria New York got all excited when they saw it, thinking they were back in Astoria. Their menu looks pretty interesting with things like bison, lamb, elk, ostrich and boar burgers. They also have a brunch menu with chicken and waffles!

Had a bison burger at their West 46th Street locations. Pretty solid.

Don't know of Jollibee Burgers has been discussed here - but do we know where their first location(s) will be?
Capture.JPG

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    79 KB · Views: 558
Don't know of Jollibee Burgers has been discussed here - but do we know where their first location(s) will be?

I would guess that if they are really going to open this year, their first location in Toronto would likely be in the Bathurst and Wilson area. There is a significant Filipino population around there and the Jollibee name has massive brand recognition. There is a fake "Jollibee" type restaurant in the area called Jollytops - not sure if it's still open or not. My memory might be really off but I swear they were first called Jollibee with a similar logo and then had to change the name due to copyright issues. Max's Chicken has also been open a long time now up near Dufferin and Steeles.

Back