Toronto St James Cathedral Parish House | ?m | ?s | a—A

Very civilized.

And I have to admit I'm quite surprised to see that Stephane Dion is the Pastor there.

here you go

Attachments

• psd.jpg
    psd.jpg
    6.9 KB · Views: 653
The February Newsletter says:

With our important internal milestone achieved, my primary After Vestry approved the
Cathedral Centre project in September, a great deal of work has continued to take place. Vestry approved a project cost not to exceed $16 million and the project is on track. This cost includes all direct and indirect costs, including furnishings. Some
modifications to the conceptual drawings have been made in order to keep the project on budget.
The changes involve eliminating the fourth floor (which had consisted of 3000 square feet of residential space), and rearranging the layout of the second and third
floors. All of the space allocated for program and offices remain, with only minor size variations.
The Light for the City campaign is now embarking on securing an additional $1.1 million from the community, foundations and other sources; however, gifts that we continue to receive from the congregation will help us reduce the amount of funding that has to
be provided by our lender. We are currently negotiating with the bank for the necessary long-term financing that must be in place before we can tender projects.
The next phase of the project, which has already begun with a detailed survey of the Parish House, is the drafting of detailed working drawings.
Things will get exciting this summer as the wrecking ball works its way through what we
commonly refer to as the Upper Parish Hall (or the C.D. Howe space). —Rob Saffre
Some renderings are at:
http://www.stjamescathedral.on.ca/Welcome/RestorationUpdate/tabid/66/Default.aspx

Work has started. Some windows are boarded up and fencing has been erected.

The outside was covered in scaffolding for several weeks in October and November so I think the outside is now virtually finished and they are working inside. They installed new gutters, fixed the bricks, did roof work and then boarded the windows.

Back