Toronto Corktown Common | ?m | ?s | Waterfront Toronto | Maryann Thompson

I like the plan a lot, but they should have paid for a proofreader, judging from the way they have confused Queen and King Streets on page 2.

The 'dog run' is a good idea. I hope it's fenced in or some kind of hard and soft barriers. This is shaping up to be a busy park. The last thing needed is irresponsible dog owners letting their charges off leash in the general park area. I'm curious if it will work, compared to other designated off-leash areas in city parks, the rules are all but ignored. Check out Withrow Park on any given weekend!

Not just weekends. Evenings too, during the week.

^True...it's not at all uncommon to see dog owners not keeping their dog on a leash.

Unfortunately it's also quite common for them not to pick up after their dogs.

Sometimes I think people should have to get a license if they want to have a pet.

Don't worry, if I was a faceless bureaucrat sitting behind a desk at the Ministry of Reproductivity - reviewing your application and checking your bona fides - you'd get a nice rubber stamp that said APPROVED.

I used to think the notion of making people get licenses to have children is far fetched but I see where babel is coming from.

But wouldn't the license be for sex rather than actually having children?

For sex, there will be a ranking system - with the awarding of coloured emblems like those that restaurants display, which must be affixed to the clothing. And a very busy Department Of Sexual Standards that evaluates all active Torontonians at least once a year.

"For sex, there will be a ranking system"

Please specify ranking criteria...

As UrbanToronto's resident faceless bureaucrat, I believe it falls to me to prepare the briefing notes, project plans, strategy and alignment statements, privacy impact assessments, and threat risk assessments for this plan. I don't mind, so long as the end result is a plum position on the assessment panel with seniority, etc., considerations regarding choice of persons to rank.

Your faithful servant, etc. etc., Archivistower.

Back