Toronto M2M Condos | 129.9m | 40s | Aoyuan | Wallman Architects

Northern Light

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
5915 Yonge Street, Toronto

Rezoning application for the lands in question:

The type of redevelopment is not listed, but I would presume condos.
This is a big site, a strip plaza on the s/e corner of Yonge/Cummer.

There are three applications (OPA/zoning/subdivision)

SubDivision Approval 11 287481 NNY 24 SB Ward 24
- North York Oct 5, 2011 --- --- --- ---
A zoning by-law amendment and a draft plan of subdivision approval respecting that part of the Subject Lands proposed for redevelopment and a public park. 46 & 47 Averill Crescent.

Last edited by a moderator:
Development signs are now up around this site. A total of 4 buildings 28, 36, 36 and 44 stories high and 14 townhomes, 1660 units. Along with a new street and park. I also heard from a empolyee in the plaza that the Food Basic will get a new store at the south end of the plaza, where the 9 store office building is now.

Development signs are now up around this site. A total of 4 buildings 28, 36, 36 and 44 stories high and 14 townhomes, 1660 units. Along with a new street and park. I also heard from a empolyee in the plaza that the Food Basic will get a new store at the south end of the plaza, where the 9 store office building is now.

Wait the office building is being demolished too ?

Please tell me there is a ton of retail in this project ?

This intersection is the next logical subway stop north of Finch so it would be great if this included an office tower, however I don't see that happening as the city can't even draw office development to the more prime Yonge/Sheppard area. Until the city brings it commercial taxes more in line with the 905 area, we're going to see limited office development anywhere near the 905.

Also, it's too bad the City has no plans to run the Doris avenue service road north of Finch up to Cummer Ave. as this would bring Doris ave. right behind these 4 building, helping keep some of the traffic related to these buildings off of Yonge. Ironically, the City plans to run the Beecroft service road north of Finch up to Drewry Ave. (Cummer turns into Drewry west of Yonge), yet there are far less density opportunity on that side of Yonge at this intersection.

This intersection is the next logical subway stop north of Finch so it would be great if this included an office tower, however I don't see that happening as the city can't even draw office development to the more prime Yonge/Sheppard area. Until the city brings it commercial taxes more in line with the 905 area, we're going to see limited office development anywhere near the 905.

Also, it's too bad the City has no plans to run the Doris avenue service road north of Finch up to Cummer Ave. as this would bring Doris ave. right behind these 4 building, helping keep some of the traffic related to these buildings off of Yonge. Ironically, the City plans to run the Beecroft service road north of Finch up to Drewry Ave. (Cummer turns into Drewry west of Yonge), yet there are far less density opportunity on that side of Yonge at this intersection.

Actually the city is considering extensing the ring roads in this area to Steeles, through their North Yonge Study that has its first meeting this week...show up to give some support to the idea and it may actually happen!

Thanks for that link, it got me searching like I love to do...:)

Here's what I scored, these are preliminary renderings:

newtonbrookplazasilverc.jpg

From http://www.silverview.ca/Documents/Presentation-2011-02-10-Small File.pdf

Huge improvement over the existing area and good to see they've gone with a better architect than their Palm Condos project.

Edit: 11th I noticed you posted the link 1.5 months ago. I guess no one bothered to post the renderings? Well here they are.

Edit: All renderings are by http://www.cicadadesign.ca

Last edited:
Is 5800, a heritage property ?

What's the rationale behind the height gradient of the residential buildings (descending from Yonge)? Why not ascending, to make it more visually welcoming? <-- This would improve retail/commercial on the ground floor of the building.

Back