Toronto Lower Don Lands Redevelopment | ?m | ?s | Waterfront Toronto

"WHAT IS THIS?!?! A BRIDGE FOR ANTS!?!?"

Screenshot 2024-05-07 at 3.35.50 PM.png

Did I miss a timeline for this bridge? Checked the waterfrontTO page, the CBC article- nada. I imagine the Parliament slip needs to be done first, as well as the landscaping and path on Villiers. So what, another 20yrs?

Did I miss a timeline for this bridge? Checked the waterfrontTO page, the CBC article- nada. I imagine the Parliament slip needs to be done first, as well as the landscaping and path on Villiers. So what, another 20yrs?
The work on Promintory Park is progressing rapidly. As for Parliament Slip, they have started in earnest and will likely focus on the entry point for the bridge to have it done first. A lot of work but it is far along.

Waterfront Toronto has released the results of last year's public engagement for the Keating Channel Bridge.

It has some interesting stuff in it..............Equinox was not the first choice of the public at large, but it was the second.

From the above:

1715178925592.png

1715178945244.png

There were two separate streams of engagement, as noted above, the above is the consolidated result, here is the result broken down by stream with additional scoring detail:

Public Stream:

1715180014490.png

Indigenous Stream:

1715180058785.png

Interesting to note then that Equinox was 2nd with the public, but 1st by a wide margin w/the indigenous stream.

Also interesting though is the negative scores with Equinox getting the most negative vote from the public and the 2nd most negative vote in the Indigenous steam.

The lowest three scores are the same in both streams.

Also interesting though is the negative scores with Equinox getting the most negative vote from the public and the 2nd most negative vote in the Indigenous steam.
I think I put this one near the bottom of my ballot.

The shape, colour, and cables all create a shared theme of bridges in the channel (future OL Lower Don Bridge and other Villiers Island bridges).

Some will favour the consistency, personally I would prefer a variety.

Some pushback against @AlexBozikovic 's critique of the Villiers plan as too car centric.

Walk Toronto with a Twitter thread:

From the above I've just extracted the on image.

1715190870515.png

Of note in the above, Centre Street is to have only a single vehicle lane of 4M in width with the rest of the right of way being dubbed pedestrian priority.

The darker orange section of Old Cherry will be pedestrian only.

In response to same, we have comment from former Mayor candidate Gil Penalosa:

1715191173443.png

Back