News   Apr 25, 2024
 363     0 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 1.1K     4 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 1.1K     0 

TTC: Flexity Streetcars Testing & Delivery (Bombardier)

Car #60 projects for November if schedule holds. Overhead conversion, MTBF value and expiry of the extra streetcars option all crystallise at the point. Whether the 60th or 61st car in service is the first without a trolley pole may depend on whether 4401 has returned...

Car #60 projects for November if schedule holds. Overhead conversion, MTBF value and expiry of the extra streetcars option all crystallise at the point. Whether the 60th or 61st car in service is the first without a trolley pole may depend on whether 4401 has returned...
Has 4401 been sent back yet or is it still running around the city every now and then?

Has 4401 been sent back yet or is it still running around the city every now and then?
Parked outside Leslie Barns right now:
upload_2017-2-21_22-58-27.png

Attachments

• upload_2017-2-21_22-58-27.png
    upload_2017-2-21_22-58-27.png
    135.8 KB · Views: 290
It's running around the yard now and then. Drum118 has given some false info that it's racking up milage. It's not. It's never seen outside the yard for the last few months and never used for training. They probably move it cause it's in the way. I wrote a simple program to track it's GPS coordinates and it's always in the yard.

It's running around the yard now and then. Drum118 has given some false info that it's racking up milage. It's not. It's never seen outside the yard for the last few months and never used for training. They probably move it cause it's in the way. I wrote a simple program to track it's GPS coordinates and it's always in the yard.

Any ideas why they aren't using 4401?

It is a prototype and is not at the 'in service' standard for the production units in the fleet.
I guess it will stay here as a court exhibit and return to TB once the legal issues are over.

Even if TTC send the car back in March, it will be most likely return in 2018 based on the time frame on 4400 & 4402.

Until it gets sent back, it not part of the fleet or number of car TTC has on property.

Back