News   Apr 25, 2024
 381     0 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 1.1K     4 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 1.1K     0 

Blue Jays

What a disaster of a game; absolutely brutal. Price just can't catch a break in the playoffs.

Sometimes Gibbons' lineup moves leave me scratching my head. Why wouldn't he put Colabello in as a pinch hitter instead of Carrera, late in the game? Is it simply due to which way they swing? I assume Colabello will be in tomorrow to face the lefty; though Smoak is a switch hitter. Speaking of which, why is Colabello always playing second fiddle to Smoak. The former has the best batting average on the team and is a much more consistent and versatile hitter. Not that Smoak hasn't brought good things to the team, but I think Colabello deserves to start more than him.

Let's hope Donaldson and Bautista are ready to go for Game 2 and that Stroman continues pitching well. If we lose tomorrow we're done.

And if the weather is nice again tomorrow, it would be nice to see the Dome open. It was more than warm enough to be open today. Maybe some natural light can give us a boost.

What a disaster of a game; absolutely brutal.

A 5-3 loss isn't disastrous. There were some setbacks, but we don't need to be unnecessarily dramatic about things. Donaldson and Bautista are both expected to play tomorrow.

David Price is 0-6 in the playoffs and four of those losses were against the Rangers. It is like how Clayton Kershaw is lights out in the regular season and gets rocked in the playoffs.

It is very interesting to discuss the 2015 Toronto Blue Jays' postseason.

I believe that the Toronto Blue Jays would win the World Series.

As of this post, the Toronto Blue Jays has a 10.1% chance of winning the World Series according to here, a 19.0% chance of winning the World Series according to here, and a 9% chance of winning the World Series according to here.

What are your thoughts on the Jays? Go Jays go!

The Jays lost again.

The Jays now have to win every single remaining game in the ALDS for them to play in the ALCS (and the next game is this Sunday in Arlington, TX). If they lose one more game, then the Sports Illustrated cover jinx would haunt the Jays, since Taylor Swift cursed the Jays (and the other teams in stadia where she performed).

In other words, we're done. We're not going to win this series. We've lost 6 of our last 7 games. It'll take a miracle to come back. Even if we force a Game 5, Price will be pitching and that does't give me a lot of confidence, given how useless he's been in the playoffs in his career.

What a sickening way to lose. That Texas player was out at second base. That might be the defining moment of the series, a la Gretzky clipping Gilmour's chin in overtime of Games 6 of the '93 semi-finals.

Apparently, in the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex, blue jays are known as "boo jays."

The Jays need to step up to the plate and win every single remaining game, no matter how improbable. However, there is an extremely good chance the Jays would be finished before the ALCS would begin.

IzjkMDj.png

Source: http://playoffstatus.com/mlb/mlbpostseasonprob.html

I miss Buck and Pat., these American announcers are idiots. "Not too many people play baseball in Canada. That's why they have trouble catching the ball in the stands." ~ Harold Reynolds.

I bet Harold thinks we are watching this game from our igloo. :rolleyes:

I grew up playing softball and hardball, as did my sister and brothers. I also fielded a blistering, one hop foul ball, down the first base line, off Darren Fletcher's bat, at the very last Blue Jays game that I attended; all the way back in 1999.

Big win tonight. We still left a lot if runners on base and we lucky that that didn't come back to haunt us (we need to capitalize more on our opportunities) Thankfully, Estrada was incredible. I'm also glad that Gibbins went with Colabello, for the second straight game. Even though he didn't get a hit tonight, I hope he will be in again tomorrow.

Hopefully Dickey's knuckleball will give the Texas batters a difficult time tomorrow.

Why does FOX have the exclusive rights to the broadcasting? Didn't we have our own guys (Tom Cheek) call playoff games in the past? I'd much rather listen to Tabler and Martinez.

Last edited:
I also played baseball as a child. It was a pretty uneducated comment, but it was just one of many made by the American sportscasters that game. Good to see a win tonight, and a solid performance all around. Let's hope for another tomorrow!

Back