News   Apr 22, 2024
 813     0 
News   Apr 22, 2024
 280     0 
News   Apr 22, 2024
 689     0 

Blue Jays

What is with Gibbons always taking Cecil out after striking players out? Keep him in there when he is having so much success.

It's ridiculous that we threw away those last 2 games in Baltimore. Those games could come back to haunt us in the playoffs if we face Kansas City in the ALCS and they have home field advantage.

Maybe he wanted a righty pitching against Guyer?

As for the 2 games in Baltimore - who knows what would have happened if he'd played the regulars. What if they played and someone got seriously hurt on the wet diamond?? Gibby was damned if he did and damned if he didn't.

And the home field thing is over-rated. Jays have been 21-12 on the road since the All-Star Break. Who knows - the Royals could lose tomorrow and the Jays win - giving them home field. Also, KC could lose in the ALDS which would give home field to the Jays in the ALCS should they get there.

What is with Gibbons always taking Cecil out after striking players out? Keep him in there when he is having so much success.

It's ridiculous that we threw away those last 2 games in Baltimore. Those games could come back to haunt us in the playoffs if we face Kansas City in the ALCS and they have home field advantage.

You don't play necessarily want to play your stars in 3 games in a 24-hour span without the increased risk of injury that comes along with fatigue. Risking home field advantage is smarter than risking unnecessary wear and tear on your best players.

Excellent game so far. What a way to end the season. 4 losses in our last 5. Have we even been behind my 9 runs all season?

Gibbons should have left Buehrle in the other night when he had a 3 or 4 run lead. Now he's going to get the loss today and won't even reach 200 innings. What a joke and what a terrible way for the Jays to enter the playoffs. Hopefully they can pick themselves up and put the last week behind them.

A team deserves criticism when they're playing poorly. It's perfectly natural to have concerns and to voice them. The fact of the matter is that we are ending the regular season on a horrible note and it's not best for our players' morale to enter the playoffs in such a sour way. Kansas City is heading into the post season on a hot streak and we're struggling and probably having our worst game of the season in the very last one, no less. It's not easy to be positive when we're playing so poorly against a garbage team. Hopefully we can pull things together in the playoffs.

Kansas City are 6-4 in their last 10. Want to guess the Jays record? I'll give you a clue .... they've lost 4 as well.

The Yankees lost 13 of 15 at the end of the 2000 regular season and went on to win the World Series.

And who cares about KC - the Jays may not even get to play them. They need to worry about Texas.

True, but Kansas City won 5 straight to end the season; we lost 4 of our last 5. And, yes, we may not meet them in the playoffs, but if we do, it would have been nice to have home field advantage. Anyway, you're right, we need to just focus on Texas, at the moment.

The funny thing is that I had a dream a few months ago in which they Jays made it to the World Series, and I woke up and was wondering if that actually happened, before my brain kicked into a more conscious state. It left me amused in a "The Jays in the World Series? Yeah right." kind of way, and longing for those days of old. I never would have imagined that might actually come true in the near future, let alone this year. I might have had rare moment of clairvoyance.

Game 1 will be at either 3:37pm or 4:07pm on Thursday
Game 2 will be at 1pm on Friday
Game 3 will be at 8:10pm on Sunday night

I hate afternoon games on weekdays. How are working people supposed to attend games during work hours? You're basically forced to call in sick or make up an accuse to get out of work early.

.. or live next to the stadium and work from home :) Although if its 3:37pm, I will still be scrambling.

Let's talk about home field advantage. Teams who had it are winless so far. Yes, it is the wild card, but the Yankees and Pirates both got shut out despite getting to play at home.

I hate afternoon games on weekdays. How are working people supposed to attend games during work hours? You're basically forced to call in sick or make up an accuse to get out of work early.

Or come work at my company, which gave us all Friday off to enjoy the game, and is flexible with people today who want to take off early for the game. :)

We are also getting the afternoon off tomorrow - or we can stay and watch it in our cafeteria

Back