Toronto Wallace Walk Towns | ?m | 4s | The Somerset Group | KFA

Has anyone received an update from Torbel on when people from block H will be able to move in? Torbel said it could be this friday, but after visiting the site yesterday this does not seem possible.. its still very "under construction"......

Has anyone received an update from Torbel on when people from block H will be able to move in? Torbel said it could be this friday, but after visiting the site yesterday this does not seem possible.. its still very "under construction"......

I came here looking for the same info!, not yet I am H as well :(

Maybe now that Torbel has brought its mascot on site things will move a bit faster.

Ape.jpg
Ape1.jpg

Attachments

• Ape.jpg
    Ape.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 1,091
  • Ape1.jpg
    Ape1.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 1,095
Thank Crazypeaches!

Did they mention:

- where in the underground the bike room will be located?
- whether there will be seperate chutes for garbage, recycling and organics?

They didn't mention where in the underground the bike room will be, other than that it will be across from the lockers. I'm assuming the lockers are going to be by the main stairwell to get to the parking garage, but I have no actual evidence to back this up.

They did say that there would be separate shoots for all of the above.

Now they just need to stop delaying everyone, and let us take occupancy!

What is the phantom rent (occupancy costs prior to closing) for some of your units?

Is there anyone in blocks D-E-F-G who have gotten delays as well?

I'm wondering if the Nov.6th date that I have for block C is going to be pushed.

Recently had our PDI. We are in block F scheduled to get our occupancy September 25th. Apparently they are back on track and do not expect any more delays.... pleasantly surprised about that.
Now onto our PDI... as soon as we started pointing out issues (ie. trim cut short or not being square at all, visibly slanted/not straight walls, etc.), we were told that we are not purchasing a "custom" home. Apparently spending over $400K, we can't expect any type of quality. That was pretty off putting.

Overall no major issues except with some stairs having mold and holes in the risers/treads. We told them to completely replace them... that was unacceptable.

We were also quite disappointed that there is no glass railing between the stairs and what they consider the den in our unit (P4), as per the plan. Now its metal spindles.
Also the handrail for the metal spindles and for the staircase is pine (instead of oak which the stairs are), so its painted white. Looks like crap. Definitely replacing that.

Sorry no pics... too busy pointing out issues that need fixing :)

Yeah the hand rail pine thing still erks me. All stair doesn't mean rails these days.

Interesting, you got mold, I guess time for mold air quality inspection nice...(and check for mold when i finally get the unit)

PS: Sorry to hear about the glass railing, saw your unit config

Recently had our PDI. We are in block F scheduled to get our occupancy September 25th. Apparently they are back on track and do not expect any more delays.... pleasantly surprised about that.
Now onto our PDI... as soon as we started pointing out issues (ie. trim cut short or not being square at all, visibly slanted/not straight walls, etc.), we were told that we are not purchasing a "custom" home. Apparently spending over $400K, we can't expect any type of quality. That was pretty off putting.

Overall no major issues except with some stairs having mold and holes in the risers/treads. We told them to completely replace them... that was unacceptable.

We were also quite disappointed that there is no glass railing between the stairs and what they consider the den in our unit (P4), as per the plan. Now its metal spindles.
Also the handrail for the metal spindles and for the staircase is pine (instead of oak which the stairs are), so its painted white. Looks like crap. Definitely replacing that.

Sorry no pics... too busy pointing out issues that need fixing :)

Was September 25th your original final occupancy date or was it moved from an earlier final date?

Having gone through a previous pre-construction condo, the building code is rather forgiving on the builders side.
From what I remember, there is nothing holding a builder to fixing anything noted in the PDI - the PDI is really just to identify damage prior to move in. All of those defects in workmanship need to go on your 30 day form and the builder is not obligated to fix it unless it is on your 30 day or 1 year Tarion forms.

Go through this closely (even before your PDI so that you know what to look for if you are keen): http://www.tarion.com/Warranty-Protection/Documents/CPG 3rd Edition Jan 1.pdf
It is a super pain in the ass but you will be glad that you did.

Your trim issue is probably this one (Cracks up to 1.5 mm are apparently ok):
http://www.tarion.com/Warranty-Prot...d Edition Jan 1.pdf#page=198&zoom=auto,56,682

walls out of plumb (Wall can slant by 3/4" from floor to ceiling (8') and still be up to code)
http://www.tarion.com/Warranty-Prot...rd Edition Jan 1.pdf#page=47&zoom=auto,69,682

Last edited:
Laywer call to sign some stuff, maybe is happening? (But I bet it won't happen until the stairs are done, most likely is a safety problem for those that entrance is right there)

Is anyone looking to sell a 2 bedroom unit?

I have a T2 (2 Bed + Den) corner terrace unit with parking and locker that will be hitting the market soon. I get the keys next Friday. Block F, N/E exposure. Will need to finish installing hardwood on 2nd and 3rd floors as well.

If anyone is interested to make a deal outside of MLS / Agents, I am entertaining all offers.

chuggerchug1@gmail.com

Last edited:

Back