IMG_0722.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 456
  • IMG_0720.JPG
    IMG_0720.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 500
  • IMG_0721.JPG
    IMG_0721.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 445
Yes, i was inside my place the other day.. all the appliances have arrived and the floor is complete...its very close to being finished.. i have my inspection this coming monday.

with respect to the road, they have completed most of the underground work such as fire hydrant connections and catch basins but have yet to start grading and paving the actual road.

The last time I visited the site (May), I noticed that the window depicted in the floorplans of the T1/T2/T3 mechanical penthouse was not installed. Instead, only the sliding door was there. Does anyone know if the builder decided not to install this window?
If so, I'll probably seek compensation for this building change, even though my own earlier posts indicate that my chances of success are slim. Having an additional window in the mechanical penthouse allowed the possibility of walling off the penthouse and making a third bedroom... without it you'd end up making a bedroom without a window which isn't very desirable.

View attachment 48418
Hey smokeychow how do you plan to seek compensation for this change? We have also purchased a terrace unit and it makes a significant difference to how we've planned to use the space. Want to combine forces?

Wondering if anyone purchased or has info on the ground/below ground patio suite...

Looking at one that is currently for sale in the F block on the corner that faces NE. I know there likely wont be an abundance of light but how bad will it be or does anyone have any helpful info on those suites?

Last edited:
Wondering if anyone purchased or has info on the ground/below ground patio suite...

Looking at one that is currently for sale in the F block on the corner that faces NE. I know there likely wont be an abundance of light but how bad will it be or does anyone have any helpful info on those suites?
It of course depends on the time of day but you'll get plenty of daylight on that patio.

nope my date was pushed back again.. from the 14th to the 28th.. apparently there was an issue with providing water to the units.. i think this has been resolved now. im unclear whether compansation will be given for this additional delay.

http://www.tarion.com/Warranty-Prot...es/Condominiums-Tentative-Occupancy-Date.aspx

If your date was firm:
Firm Occupancy Date – A date set by the builder with 90 days prior notice if an existing Tentative Occupancy Date cannot be met. This date may be set within 30 days of roof completion as an alternative to setting a Final Tentative Occupancy Date. The Firm Occupancy Date cannot occur after the outside Occupancy Date. Once a Firm Occupancy Date has been set, if your builder extends occupancy by setting a Delayed Occupancy Date, delayed occupancy compensation is payable to you. -
See more at: http://www.tarion.com/Warranty-Prot...tive-Occupancy-Date.aspx#sthash.lubpE6ml.dpuf

Hey smokeychow how do you plan to seek compensation for this change? We have also purchased a terrace unit and it makes a significant difference to how we've planned to use the space. Want to combine forces?

I'll likely talk to my lawyer about it after my PDI - I'll get Torbel's version as to why it isn't there before going further. The contract talks about variations in square footage but I'm not sure if any of the sections include a missing common element (window) from the drawing.

Who knows how successful a claim will be given how much these units have appreciated in value - very hard to show damages occurred but maybe it impacts use of the space enough that Torbel might be willing to compensate without going to court... I am almost certain that they will force future Wallace Walk Terrace unit owners to go to court before providing compensation since they have the upper hand. In that case I'm not sure if I'd be willing to go through a court battle to what might amount to <5k compensation.

Section 12.01 of the purchase agreement states:

"... The Vendor reserves the right, to change, vary, alter or modify, from time to time and at any time: all plans and specifications (including colours) for and relating to the Condominium or the Common Elements and the Unit (whether exterior and/or interior and whether relating to architectural, structural, engineering, landscaping, grading, mechanical, site servicing or any other plans and whether illustrated on any sales material, brochures, models or otherwise); ... the unit layouts and boundaries (including changes to the number, size and location of windows, fan coil or combination heating/air-conditioning units and/or bulk heads); ... all in the Vendor's sole, absolute and unfettered discretion and the Purchaser hereby consents to any such changes, variations, alterations and modifications and shall have absolutely no claim or cause of action against the Vendor for any such changes, variances, alterations or modifications, nor shall the Purchaser be entitled to any notice thereof...."
:(

Back