2.9K     5 
News   May 17, 2024
 2K     3 
News   May 17, 2024
 11K     10 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh great. A sobbing taxpayer on CP24 who apparently is about to lose her house momentarily now that Tory has won. She did say it's terrible that people don't understand politics, or something like that

Parody @PennyMorrisonTO strikes again? (My cable company doesn't provide CP20Ford and I don't want to wade through countless election coverage on their website. Not perfect, me.)

2/3 for me; -Olivia, +Matlow, +Laskin

I think Tory will be bad for the city. He won't reverse the insane Scarborough subway, so there's a billion wasted. He'll focus on BrainFartTrack that will take years longer than he says, at far greater cost, won't solve the problems and will totally suck attention away from the service improvements that are needed today. It will also prevent any movement on the TTC's top priority of a relief line for the YUS from B-D downtown. He'll also budget on the basis of "efficiencies" which means cuts. Good luck solving the social housing backlog. TCHC, you are SOL. Tory will just be another pseudo "careful manager of taxpayers' money," not a city builder.

Last edited:
Parody @PennyMorrisonTO strikes again? (My cable company doesn't provide CP20Ford and I don't want to wade through countless election coverage on their website. Not perfect, me.)

The sobbing person is real, apparently; recorded at Ford celebration last night.

Parody @pennymorrisonTO is running with it.

The sobbing person is real, apparently; recorded at Ford celebration last night.

Parody @pennymorrisonTO is running with it.

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/ford-nati...for-toronto-after-tory-victory-132358457.html
Tears streamed down the faces of more than a handful of Ford supporters, while many were asking "how this could happen." These were only the reserved supporters. Others drew large crowds as they began ranting about election fraud and corruption. The members of Ford Nation all had one thing in common: They predicted doomsday for Toronto with Tory as mayor.
Penny Morrison, a volunteer on the Ford campaigns since 2010, was the most emotional supporter. Morrison's tears and makeup were rolling down the side of her cheeks when she said she and her mother would lose their house because Tory's SmartTrack transit plan would "tax us out."
"I'm horrified. It's like ISIS coming to Toronto," Morrison told Yahoo Canada News about Tory's win.

I saw her on CP24. Didn't look like a performance to me. Pretty sure she's real and the twitter account is a satirical response.

Last edited:
"Pope Francis declares evolution and Big Bang theory are right and God isn't 'a magician with a magic wand'"
Tuesday 28 October 2014
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...snt-a-magician-with-a-magic-wand-9822514.html

Screen Shot 2014-10-28 at 3.51.17 PM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-10-28 at 3.51.17 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-10-28 at 3.51.17 PM.png
    27 KB · Views: 635
Ward 2. Rexdale.

(Yeah, not PC but I just had to use the pun. And gawd, Ward 2 is just a gullibility magnet.)

2/3 for me; -Olivia, +Matlow, +Laskin

I think Tory will be bad for the city. He won't reverse the insane Scarborough subway, so there's a billion wasted. He'll focus on BrainFartTrack that will take years longer than he says, at far greater cost, won't solve the problems and will totally suck attention away from the service improvements that are needed today. It will also prevent any movement on the TTC's top priority of a relief line for the YUS from B-D downtown. He'll also budget on the basis of "efficiencies" which means cuts. Good luck solving the social housing backlog. TCHC, you are SOL. Tory will just be another pseudo "careful manager of taxpayers' money," not a city builder.

Avoid negative comments towards any identifiable groups as a whole - future offenses will not be taken as kindly.

MoD

I haven't had a chance to read everything today, but in case it wasn't mentioned, congrats to polluted for winning the pool, with a guess of 32%!

It should be noted that, sadly, polluted had the 2nd highest guess.

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/ford-nati...for-toronto-after-tory-victory-132358457.html

I saw her on CP24. Didn't look like a performance to me. Pretty sure she's real and the twitter account is a satirical response.

The Twitter account @pennymorrisonTO is definitely a parody. I was just ever so slightly reluctant to declare that the real Penny Morrison (the one who grossly insulted all of the victims of ISIS) was real (hence, the "apparently") because, after all, it would not be the first time that a performance artist has professed fealty to Ford Nation (folks).

There isn't. It's a satirical meme.

This is what it's come to. We see stuff like this from the Bachman/Iola/Ford school of "thought" and it's become impossible sometimes to tell what's real and what's just a goofy internet meme. The absurd has become totally believable. "You can be racist to fat people" "Why aren't dinosaur bones dirty?" "They shouldn't put the deer crossing signs where there's so much traffic, they should move them somewhere else".

I just can't tell who is trying to be serious, funny, shocking, sarcastic or what anymore.

It's bloody frightening.

The Twitter account @pennymorrisonTO is definitely a parody. I was just ever so slightly reluctant to declare that the real Penny Morrison (the one who grossly insulted all of the victims of ISIS) was real (hence, the "apparently") because, after all, it would not be the first time that a performance artist has professed fealty to Ford Nation (folks).

Penny Morrison looks to me like a low-rent Karla Ford, one who couldn't afford an expensive dye job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back