News   Apr 26, 2024
 2.2K     4 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 503     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 1.1K     1 

Urban Shocker's Neighbourhood Watch

It appears I'll be continuing on Sunday afternoons at the COC - this year in Ring 4, 5th row, centre. I wish my companion were not bound to weekends though - it cramps my get-outta-town style too often.

The Thursday night crowd were a frightfully nice bunch: my elderly Estonian seatmates invited me to the fancy lounge several times - though I wandered in there anyway when the mood took me.

Why don't you and your date change to Saturday nights for 08/09, interchange?

We requested a change to either Saturday series if it would improve our seats. We'll try it again next year...

I wonder who they'll get to replace Bradshaw? He was such a driving force behind the success of the new building. And who will conduct most of next season? Yannick would be my dream candidate, but he's just replaced Gergiev in Rotterdam, and isn't primarily an opera conductor in any case.

Bradshaw always spoke his mind and set the highest standards.

Terrible news. We owe Bradshaw a great deal. Thank Goodness he lived to see the opening the wonderful hall he gave us. That massive and ecstatic ovation he received at the gala opening was repeated in smaller portions every time he returned to the stage last year.

Big shoes to fill.

CJW

Big jacket and trousers, too - he'd put on quite a bit of weight over the past few years. Undies too, I expect.

I'll think of Wren's epitaph, Lector, si monumentum requiris, circumspice whenever I'm in the new house from now on.

The dreadful, windowless, steerage class Friends Lounge is moving down from Ring 4 to the north end of Ring 3 and will have views of University Avenue and overlook the Jackman Lounge and gardens of Osgoode Hall ... according to the mailing I got yesterday from ... Richard Bradshaw.

I get visions of Saint Joan several times a week. She buys organic veg at the local grocery and wears bugeyed sunglasses to hide her identity.

Back