1.1K     9 
News   May 31, 2024
 3.9K     2 
News   May 31, 2024
 1.1K     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wasted or not, they had MINO cornered in a near empty subway and all we got from it was his favourite movie and Lions vs Giants thoughts?

Would have been comic gold if some "thinking on the fly" reporter had attempted to get RoFo to recite tongue twisters.

Wasted or not, they had MINO cornered in a near empty subway and all we got from it was his favourite movie and Lions vs Giants thoughts?

What does him being cornered have anything to do with it? Do you really think if they asked him hard questions he would answer? He never does. He'd just give the same old canned responses about that stuff being in the past, innuendo, etc., then he'd eventually clam up altogether.

Last edited:
With respect to the video on the subway, he definitely could be on something, but my first thought watching him swinging back and forth and drooping his head reminded me of a bored/restless child, which is how he behaves generally. It wouldn't shock me at all if he was sober on that train.

What does him being cornered have anything to do with it? Do you really think if they asked him hard questions he would answer? HE never does. He'd just give the same old canned responses about that stuff being in the past, innuendo, etc.

I agree. I think on this board we give ourselves way too much credit for the courage we'd show if we were in the reporters' shoes. Truth is we have no idea how exhausting and fruitless it would be to cover someone like Rob Ford. Imagine spending day after day trying to get up in the face of this man and ask him the tough questions. It's been 4 solid years of uninterrupted lies, punctuated by exactly one brief and shining moment of honesty. Quite frankly if I'd been on that subway car, with no cameras or mikes on, I'd have chosen making small talk over listening to the toxic garbage he spews about any serious topic.

RE: Mikey Ray Ford and "Fat Shaming" : I assume everyone here is OK with shaming Meryl RoFo because being a lying junky criminal is not a healthy lifestyle, right?

Well, how can a 20 year old mute be healthy while being 150+ pounds over weight? I see no legitimate way for a punk kid to be that fat without suckling at least a gallon of pop a day, or eating six daily biggie squares at McDicks?

IMO, if the entitled loser (Mutey, not Rab) felt a bit of shame or rejection, maybe he'd realize that he's a walking time bomb of health issues, and take charge of his health.

It is NOT healthy to be morbidly obese.
Coddling MO people is akin to feeding wild life.

So who cares? Who said anything about coddling morbidly obese people? You don't have to like or encourage it - but generally you have an obligation (based on regular human decency) to not mock people about their body size.

With respect to the video on the subway, he definitely could be on something, but my first thought watching him swinging back and forth and drooping his head reminded me of a bored/restless child, which is how he behaves generally. It wouldn't shock me at all if he was sober on that train.

That's my feeling, too, but I wouldn't be surprised if he's on prescribed meds.

Friday is the last day to switch your dance card isn't it?

IIRC, yes it is. Never say never, but as MINO once said, "they hide here, ima hide here" and so on. Would it surprise anyone if Merryl Frod actually does drop out of the race, in order to better serve the Ward 2 community?

RE: Mikey Ray Ford and "Fat Shaming" : I assume everyone here is OK with shaming Meryl RoFo because being a lying junky criminal is not a healthy lifestyle, right?

Well, how can a 20 year old mute be healthy while being 150+ pounds over weight? I see no legitimate way for a punk kid to be that fat without suckling at least a gallon of pop a day, or eating six daily biggie squares at McDicks?

IMO, if the entitled loser (Mutey, not Rab) felt a bit of shame or rejection, maybe he'd realize that he's a walking time bomb of health issues, and take charge of his health.

Bullying or shaming fat people achieves nothing. Making people feel badly about their weight is more likely to make them eat more.

Daniel Dale ‏@ddale8 1m
More mayoral debates have been added to the schedule. There are now at least 44 more between today and October 23.

Really? More?

Daniel Dale ‏@ddale8 1m
More mayoral debates have been added to the schedule. There are now at least 44 more between today and October 23.

Really? More?

I don't condone Ford dropping out the way he has been but the sheer number of debates is staggering and ridiculous. Still, you don't see other people dropping out at the last minute because"something" (i.e. canvassing) came up.

How many times can you say the same thing? There was only one debate for the provincial election...

Daniel Dale ‏@ddale8 12m
That is exactly one debate a day until Oct. 23. Two TV debates - CP24 and City - in the last week of the campaign.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back