Toronto 50 at Wellesley Station | 114.9m | 37s | Plaza | BDP Quadrangle

50 at Wellesley station and its surroundings:

xRcPeNe.jpg

I'm guessing the buildings between 50 and Wellesley Station don't have PATH knockouts? If not this name is a bit cheeky no? Maybe elsewhere in the City not so much but downtown I think people would tie that name to a sheltered connection to the TTC.

(That said, given how little space there is on SB AM, NB PM trains at Wellesley you wouldn't have to be bonkers to live there and work in the core, but it would help)

Or you might just walk or bike to work.

Wellesley Station's ticket booth is at ground level, and there is no underground mezzanine, so there's nothing for a PATH passage to connect to here.

People less familiar with the station may think at means connected to the station, but I believe it's the responsibility of anyone buying there to determine just how literally or figuratively at is being used in this case. There are examples of at being used to market condos that are as far away from their namesake as Chestnut Hill's The Address at High Park is, probably further. This building is such a short walk from the station, I don't think it's a stretch to market it as being there.

What is the proposed structure in red on the wonderful 3D simulation, the one apparently kitty corner across Yonge from Five St Joseph? It's just south of Gloucester and appears about fifty storeys or so.

Thanks in advance.

What is the proposed structure in red on the wonderful 3D simulation, the one apparently kitty corner across Yonge from Five St Joseph? It's just south of Gloucester and appears about fifty storeys or so.

Thanks in advance.

587-599 Yonge St./2-4 Dundonald St./7-9 Gloucester St. (Stancorp Properties, 49s, HP)
http://urbantoronto.ca/forum/showth...-9-Gloucester-St-(Stancorp-Properties-49s-HP)

http://www.toronto.ca/legdocs/mmis/2012/te/bgrd/backgroundfile-50233.pdf

Last edited:
50 WELLESLEY ST E
Ward 27 - Tor & E.York District
To allow for the rezoning of the subject lands at 50 Wellesley St E to allow for the constructing of a 37 storey condo building containing 365 residential dwelling units and one retail unit on the ground floor.
Proposed Use --- # of Storeys --- # of Units ---
Applications:
Type Number Date Submitted Status
OPA & Rezoning 14 159828 STE 27 OZ May 22, 2014 Under Review

Wow. A churlish and petulant critique of someone's spare-time Google Earth model. Couldn't even be bothered to capitalize too. Sloppy indeed.

Clearly this is the preferred side of Yonge Street. The streetscape is so much more organically vibrant here. I would love to see Wellesley intensify further.

Don't forget the buildings proposed across from Wellesley station/Maitland Street, currently a parking lot & a home plus 40 Wellesley (wedged between 22 Wellesley & future 50 Wellesley - the former medical office building with a pharmacy & The Mix variety store in it). Further east there's 81 Wellesley, just east of Church St. (formally Odette House) and the project on the S/W corner of Wellesley & Sherbourne.

Wow. A churlish and petulant critique of someone's spare-time Google Earth model. Couldn't even be bothered to capitalize too. Sloppy indeed.

what is it meaning "churlish" and "pestulint" you seem really smart maybe you an enlighten us

Back