2.9K     5 
News   May 17, 2024
 2K     3 
News   May 17, 2024
 11K     10 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand how some members of Ford Nation may see the addition of Johnson as adding a bit of prestige to Rob's campaign ("He's famous!) - at least I've seen the argument put forth on Twitter. It was interesting to see Rob defend Johnson's addition to the campaign (in whatever capacity that might be right now; what time is it?) despite Johnson's past. "Took drugs? That's personal!" No Rob, he took a performance enhancing substance (not a "recreational" one) it ruined his career. What I find funny is not the idea that both "Rob and Ben took drugs and it's personal" as being a defensible argument, but that by having Ben on Rob's team is more like the equivalent of an endorsement to stuffing the ballot box. :confused:

Maybe Ben should have tried that argument with the IOC lol :p

(wouldn't have worked for Ben, and it hasn't worked for Rob either).

I'm just waiting for the day when he's questioned on one of his dumb "Nay" votes on the next Mandela or Special Olympics type motion and he tried to apply the same logic. I can hear it now: "Hey guys, I voted how I voted. Why is none of your business. It's personal. You guys ask stupid questions"

When I saw the two of them together it made me think of what Mel Lastman was quoted as saying about Rob, "I'm not a genius, obviously, but he makes me look like one."
http://www.torontolife.com/informer/toronto-politics/2012/10/11/quoted-mel-lastman-rob-ford-genius/

Me too. Is it campaign strategy to have Ben on board so that RoFoDoFo look like intellectual heavyweights?

I always make involuntary strangling noises whenever I hear the phrase, "Doug is the smart one." ERK erk erk

He has been really rude to me and other women I know.
Warren Kinsella writes: "The cops, and many lawyers, need to know [where he is]."

Speaking as someone who follows #topoli, I can confirm this guy is a lunatic who tweets every 5 seconds when he's on, a constant stream of hate and harassment aimed at any perceived "lefty." Including City councillors---Shelley Carroll is a favourite target. She'll get into it with other trolls and duke it out, it's actually pretty impressive, but she won't respond to him. The stuff he says is really single-mindedly awful.

sqLy11I.jpg

this is a real thing again

Speaking as someone who follows #topoli, I can confirm this guy is a lunatic who tweets every 5 seconds when he's on, a constant stream of hate and harassment aimed at any perceived "lefty." Including City councillors---Shelley Carroll is a favourite target. She'll get into it with other trolls and duke it out, it's actually pretty impressive, but she won't respond to him. The stuff he says is really single-mindedly awful.

For a while, I thought he was a parody account or something, but it seems that he is indeed real.

I am also a block away from the street he was reported living on and will keep my eyes peeled...

Ben's no longer notorious enough to attract me to their circus. If they want to ante up and rent something like Bonnie and Clyde's "death car" that might do it.

Not infamous, just...famous. Apparently, some people have selective memories. :rolleyes:

I'm going to disagree. I see two levels of anonymity being broken here. First is the connection of an online identity to your real name. Generally if you're going around harassing people with possible defamation and with possible connection to a political campaign then it's not outrageous to have your identity outed. The second level is where I have an issue as I do not believe it appropriate to state where someone works in this regard or where they live regardless of how much of an asshole someone is. It's an invitation to harassment (through of course this guy is harassing people). I don't believe it would be appropriate if we outed this information on any trolls that may pop up on this forum. Nor would any respectable journalist publish this info even if they themselves tracked it down to secure an interview.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back