495     0 
News   May 09, 2024
 460     0 
News   May 09, 2024
 757     1 

MLSE & Bon Jovi to Pursue NFL/Buffalo Bills

Great pictures Jack

So Bills owner Raplh Wilson has passed away today

This image below shows that Toronto would have a Super Bowl-ready stadium, presumably in Downsview:
OACpzOM.png

That whole presentation was a fan mock-up, nothing official

I'd like whoever dreamed that presentation up didn't even bother to take the Farmers Field name from the drawings

That whole presentation was a fan mock-up, nothing official

I'd like whoever dreamed that presentation up didn't even bother to take the Farmers Field name from the drawings
I know, right.

A stadium called Farmers Field sounds much like a joke, unless some business by the name of Farmer (not necessarily have to be agriculture-related) purchases the naming rights.

As a Bills fan, I understand the fear (from Bufalo's POV)the team will leave now that Wilson is dead but I still find something inappropriate about the talk of the team moving (Cathal Kelly has a thing in the STar, for example) already. They're not going anywhere tomorrow - they are actively engaged in stadium renos and signed a new lease there last year - and I find it unseemly (no offence to anyone here - because I DO understand it) that Toronto immediately latched on to "Ooooh, now we're closer to getting a team!" mere hours after the man's death was announced.

I'd be lying if I said it didn't cross my mind (not the moving TO so much as the general uncertainty of the team's future) but I think for TO media to be writing about it is a bit like publicizing how excited one is that some distant uncle died because you think he might leave you something. Wait a few days before the pointless skepticism out of respect, maybe?

I know, right.

A stadium called Farmers Field sounds much like a joke, unless some business by the name of Farmer (not necessarily have to be agriculture-related) purchases the naming rights.

Farmers Insurance had bought the naming rights to the stadium

As a Bills fan, I understand the fear (from Bufalo's POV)the team will leave now that Wilson is dead but I still find something inappropriate about the talk of the team moving (Cathal Kelly has a thing in the STar, for example) already. They're not going anywhere tomorrow - they are actively engaged in stadium renos and signed a new lease there last year - and I find it unseemly (no offence to anyone here - because I DO understand it) that Toronto immediately latched on to "Ooooh, now we're closer to getting a team!" mere hours after the man's death was announced.

I'd be lying if I said it didn't cross my mind (not the moving TO so much as the general uncertainty of the team's future) but I think for TO media to be writing about it is a bit like publicizing how excited one is that some distant uncle died because you think he might leave you something. Wait a few days before the pointless skepticism out of respect, maybe?

Aside from the unseemly nature of it....it also ignores the fact that, on top of all the other costs, if the team moved before the 7th year of the new lease (I think that is around 2018/2019) there is a termination penalty of $400 million. I am not sure the Bills are any closer to coming here.

Back