News   Jun 05, 2024
 994     1 
News   Jun 05, 2024
 878     3 
News   Jun 05, 2024
 788     1 

Toronto Crosstown LRT | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx | Arcadis

From p. 32 of the Metrolinx presentation it would seem as if the station box for Don Mills will be constructed directly below the Don Mills-Eglinton intersection. I remember what a headache it was to build the cut and cover station box at Sheppard-Yonge 10 years ago.

subway-5119-08.jpg

The 85 bus would regularly take 10 minutes to just crawl through the intersection at rush hour!

I don't understand why they wouldn't just build the station box on the southwest corner, in the existing OSC parking lot. That would be another benefit of a south-side alignment.

I don't understand why they wouldn't just build the station box on the southwest corner, in the existing OSC parking lot. That would be another benefit of a south-side alignment.

Yes, I'm surprised about that too. Especially because the OSC is Provincially-owned land (at least I think it is). It's not as if they have to demolish any buildings or expropriate any property for it. If anything, the OSC should be thrilled about that station there, because it will surely boost attendance with the fact that it will be significantly easier to access.

So many of you have great ideas...are any of you emailing these ideas to metrolinx/TTC, etc.? just curious, and i know that it's likely that no one will care but still what more can we do...? :)

Last edited:
So many of you have great ideas...are any of you emailing these ideas to metrolinx/TTC, etc.? just curious, and i know that it's likely that no one will care but still what more can we do...? :)

People on this forum are doing this. They're emailing Metrolinx and attending public meetings and voicing their opinions. However, Metrolinx probably won't win awards for public engagement in the planning process. Even stranger, they'll listen selectively to what one group of people has to say over another. For example, they won't take reasoned ideas about the proposed alignment from our forum members or even from people with some influence like Steve Munro. On the other hand, they'll bow down to NIMBYs who live near Leslie and Eglinton despite the fact that these people represent a very small group and are not likely to be the people who will actually use the line.

In response to the tunnelling all the way to Don Mills, I e-mailed to suggest a south side alignment with Leslie Stop, along with a Don Mills Station in the SW corner. I did not receive any response, but coincidently, a few months later they did reinstate the Leslie Stop - although they put it in the median.

Although it is probably hopeless again, I did submit another e-mail now showing how simple the south side alignment is. Maybe if enough people write it might help, or perhaps if we can find a sympathetic Councillor who actually cares about transit and not just politics - although I have yet to find one amongst this group.

From p. 32 of the Metrolinx presentation it would seem as if the station box for Don Mills will be constructed directly below the Don Mills-Eglinton intersection. I remember what a headache it was to build the cut and cover station box at Sheppard-Yonge 10 years ago.

subway-5119-08.jpg

The 85 bus would regularly take 10 minutes to just crawl through the intersection at rush hour!

I would like to move the bus terminal to the SW corner as well so that is directly above the station. The DRL station could be built in this corner as well. Does anyone know which buses will use this Don Mills Station. Is it just as easy for these buses to use the SW corner compared to the current plan to use the NE.

Does anyone know which buses will use this Don Mills Station.
The 54 Lawrence East and 100 Flemingdon Park for sure, and I would assume 25 Don Mills. I wonder if they're considering splitting Don Mills into north and south routes. They could also run Don Mills from Eglinton to Steeles and extend the 81 Thorncliffe Park to Don Mills & Eglinton.

The 54 Lawrence East and 100 Flemingdon Park for sure, and I would assume 25 Don Mills. I wonder if they're considering splitting Don Mills into north and south routes. They could also run Don Mills from Eglinton to Steeles and extend the 81 Thorncliffe Park to Don Mills & Eglinton.

If Leslie was a South Side Station, I imagine the 54 would go to Leslie and not Don Mills. For the other routes, I do not really see a problem with having the station on the SW corner of Don Mills and Eglinton.

If Leslie was a South Side Station, I imagine the 54 would go to Leslie and not Don Mills. For the other routes, I do not really see a problem with having the station on the SW corner of Don Mills and Eglinton.

Is the Ontario Science Centre (OSC) thinking about expansion? Using their parking lot for expanding their exhibit space, research space, offices, whatever, would make sense, after BOTH the Crosstown LRT, Don Mills Subway (AKA Downtown Relief Line) are constructed and finished.

I don't think they necessarily compete with each other.

Of course they will be competing. The UPX has always been a "premium" service. Not for us regular folk.

The UPX would be great for a businessperson, who'd have no problem paying $33 for a ~43 minute tip from his Bloor-Yonge hotel to Pearson.

But for a "regular" family (aka, a family that doesn't want to pay $120 for a trip to the airport), they'd likely rather pay $12 for a ~51 min trip via the TTC

Last edited:

Back