Toronto Residences at The Ritz-Carlton, Toronto | 207.86m | 53s | Graywood | Kohn Pedersen Fox

Most large projects take a long time. Murano started excavation in March 2006 and they are still at least another couple months from ground level and at the very least another year and half to complete the project after that - so that's between 2.5 and 3 years of construction.

Looking backwards there was a year and a half of sales prior to that, then two years of pushing through the approvals process and likely a year or two before that with the internal planning by the developer, land aquisition etc - these large projects take a long long time to complete.

May 22:

It's a MASSIVE hole! Can't believe how quickly they dug this!

ritzab5.jpg

Looks like Ritz will be deeper than RBC from the first picture. At least that's what it looked like to me on the weekend.

Can't believe how quickly they dug this!

Existing retaining walls on the south and west sides certainly allowed work to proceed more quickly then if they'd had to start fresh.

Wow – that image shows the sheer scale of the two projects, very impressive! I wonder where all of that earth and clay ends up...

As that last picture shows, the concrete base for the crane is in place. There is a second crane base in the northwest corner with the lowest crance section in place, about 1-2 metres high

I was at a meeting last year regarding Lake Ontario Park where it was stated which year the Leslie Street Spit would be closed to new fill. I cannot remember which year it was for sure, but I think it's 2009. In any case, fill is still arriving there at the moment.

Back