220     0 
News   Apr 29, 2024
 1.6K     0 
News   Apr 29, 2024
 1K     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
I usually don't like to see contrary opinions removed from forums, but the admission that this poster regards others here (whom he has never met and knows nothing about) with disdain and posts only for self-amusement seems the definition of trolling. Maybe he really does have the life of an Ayn Rand hero, but that doesn't really show in the postings - they are repetitive and content-lite, adolescent in their posturing and tiresome in their frequency.

he's been banned before, for the reasons you've cited. hopefully he will be banned again. when cornered his posts degenerate into increasingly ugly insults and ridiculously juvenile egocentrism:

Why don't you guys spend the $3.00 for a subway token (because none of you complainers have cars) and go to Danforth to see the progress.

The 90 year old Greek ladies didn't "inherit" anything. They worked, real hard actually, invested, and ended up millionaires. I know it sucks for most of you complainers to think you'll never have even 10% of the wealth of these "old ladies", but it is what it is.

Maybe one day if you work really really hard, invest wisely, and make the right moves, you too will also have multi million dollar properties in prime neighbourhoods (unlikely but it doesn't hurt for you to dream).

The biggest "impediment" to 6-8 story development are not the owners of the buildings/properties, but the yuppies/nimbies/"broke as a jokes" (as I call them).

Btw, I drive a 2011 German car (as opposed to a "Made in China" bicycle...like you).

Proof would be nice for sure though given everything that has happened i really wouldn't be surprised if some estranged UK news site has gotten it, not to say i believe this though hah. Also is this not the first claim of anyone having the video apart from anonymous tweeting they were looking into it? Interesting at least..

If events or organizations are not self funding, why should everyone be forced to pay for them or contribute to their viability?

Are you a fan of the giant wall of cheap-ass condos looming over the waterfront? They're the result of a misguided attempt to have Harbourfront be self-funding. Initially, when the land was gifted to the city by the feds, proceeds from development funded the arts. There were guidelines, but you wouldn't believe the shit that got by the Committee of Adjustment before residents moved in and got involved. Taxes and user fees are not the only way that you pay for events or organizations.

From the comments in : http://www.bazaardaily.co.uk/2013/0...-threatens-legal-action/#.Ub_B56l5m7M.twitter

KlownKing 1 hour ago
So how long will it be before DN picks up the dough for this video? Or are they scared for their lives and refuse to turn it over?

ShareFlagLikeReply

ButterCups910 1 hour ago
@KlownKing I don't necessarily think they need the 200k from Gawker. Somebody posted on Facebook that Stacy had purchased the video already. I.e how she was able to do this.

From the comments in : http://www.bazaardaily.co.uk/2013/0...-threatens-legal-action/#.Ub_B56l5m7M.twitter

KlownKing 1 hour ago
So how long will it be before DN picks up the dough for this video? Or are they scared for their lives and refuse to turn it over?

ShareFlagLikeReply

ButterCups910 1 hour ago
@KlownKing I don't necessarily think they need the 200k from Gawker. Somebody posted on Facebook that Stacy had purchased the video already. I.e how she was able to do this.

I'm doubtful they have the video but that e-mail from Ford's lawyer sounds legit. That's his name and it's similar to the other one he sent gawker.

Are we supposed to know who all the initials -- KB, DN, etc, -- in the comments refer to? And who is Stacey?

Last edited:
Whoo boy. I've recently heard some stuff that makes me confident that the video (and other damning evidence connected to the Mayor) will eventually come out in court. I was told this in confidence so I can't reveal anything else, but it seems like just a matter of time at this point.

Whoo boy. I've recently heard some stuff that makes me confident that the video (and other damning evidence connected to the Mayor) will eventually come out in court. I was told this in confidence so I can't reveal anything else, but it seems like just a matter of time at this point.

Yeah, but will it come out in court in a couple of weeks, months, or years?

I have no idea.

I figured. It was rhetorical. My worry is that this will drag on for perpetuity and if it ever does see the light of day it will be long after the next election. Anything and everything needs to surface sooner than later...anything else just galvanizes his base. I don't want to be saying "I told you so" in 2016, ya know?

I figured. It was rhetorical. My worry is that this will drag on for perpetuity and if it ever does see the light of day it will be long after the next election. Anything and everything needs to surface sooner than later...anything else just galvanizes his base. I don't want to be saying "I told you so" in 2016, ya know?

There's a very strong public interest case to be made in having the evidence be made public before the next election. As MetroMan suggested, I'm sure there are lawyers working on behalf of the media to get that done.

I don't want to be saying "I told you so" in 2016, ya know?

None of us does, but then again, most of us have been saying "I told you so" to Ford supporters since the middle of the last decade. The problem is not insufficient information about Ford, but impaired mental faculties of the electorate.

To paraphrase Donald Rumsfeld: "You don't go to an election with the electorate you wish you had, you go to an election with the electorate you have." It's a pretty compelling argument for ranked ballots (or, alternatively, for cynicism, corruption, lawlessness and violence).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back