3K     5 
News   May 17, 2024
 2.1K     3 
News   May 17, 2024
 11K     10 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do these guys have the video? I doubt it, but thought I'd post in case anyone might know something about them...

http://www.bazaardaily.co.uk/2013/06/17/rob-ford-crack-video-lawyer-threatens-legal-action/#.Ub_B56l5m7M.twitter

Mirrored here:
http://www.zimbio.com/Rob+Ford/articles/XmLmBrmnSN9/Rob+Ford+crack+video+Lawyer+threatens+legal

I don't know much about these sites, but I'm suspicious given the lack of context. Anyone know anything about this Bazaar Daily? The wording of Morris' email is similar but not identical to the one he wrote Gawker... Thoughts?

EDIT: The tweet came from this guy: https://twitter.com/KingBendell - who appears to be the editor of the bazaar daily site (which has a UK domain but seems to be based in New York. Hmmm...) I just tweeted him to try to get more info. Let's see.

We'll see. He's outright claiming to have the video, and I'm not sure why he would do that unless he did have it and was going to follow through with posting it.

That being said, I'm not sure why this site would end up with the video. Despite his claims on Twitter of having 1,000,000 page views and being in the top 500,000 websites worldwide (which isn't that high to begin with), according to alexa.com, he's closer to 5,000,000: http://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/bazaardaily.co.uk#. He also claims to be nearing 1,000,000 page views, but Alexa shows him getting an average of only 5 page views a day.

Its possible he has it, but I'd take everything he says with a grain of salt for now.

Do these guys have the video? I doubt it, but thought I'd post in case anyone might know something about them...

http://www.bazaardaily.co.uk/2013/06/17/rob-ford-crack-video-lawyer-threatens-legal-action/#.Ub_B56l5m7M.twitter

Mirrored here:
http://www.zimbio.com/Rob+Ford/articles/XmLmBrmnSN9/Rob+Ford+crack+video+Lawyer+threatens+legal

I don't know much about these sites, but I'm suspicious given the lack of context. Anyone know anything about this Bazaar Daily? The wording of Morris' email is similar but not identical to the one he wrote Gawker... Thoughts?

EDIT: The tweet came from this guy: https://twitter.com/KingBendell - who appears to be the editor of the bazaar daily site (which has a UK domain but seems to be based in New York. Hmmm...) I just tweeted him to try to get more info. Let's see.

Long time lurker, first time poster.

I'd would be reluctant to trust this site, but I read through the blog entry and was curious, do either of the sources that have seen the (alleged) video mention anything about Ford fumbling around for his own phone (I'm guessing he heard a phone ringing and thought it may be his own) before asking whether the phone recording him is on?

I'd would be reluctant to trust this site, but I read through the blog entry and was curious, do either of the sources that have seen the (alleged) video mention anything about Ford fumbling around for his own phone (I'm guessing he heard a phone ringing and thought it may be his own) before asking whether the phone recording him is on?

Very good observation. I don't recall that detail.

I think the original Star article might have mentioned this. Definitely the part about asking if the cell camera was on (or saying, "that better not be on").

Or, I have a life. And it involves working and travelling. Unlike you, my life doesn't revolve around Rob Ford or subways in Scarborough. For me this is nothing more than amusement.....for a lot of you it is the highlight of your sad lives.

I usually don't like to see contrary opinions removed from forums, but the admission that this poster regards others here (whom he has never met and knows nothing about) with disdain and posts only for self-amusement seems the definition of trolling. Maybe he really does have the life of an Ayn Rand hero, but that doesn't really show in the postings - they are repetitive and content-lite, adolescent in their posturing and tiresome in their frequency.

I think the original Star article might have mentioned this. Definitely the part about asking if the cell camera was on (or saying, "that better not be on").

Yea. I remember the "better not be on" part but I wasn't sure about the fumbling (I have a very loose memory that I may have read it somewhere else).

Just again found the original Star article. It doesn't mention the fumbling just that he was startled by a cell phone ringing.

What is the relevance of him fumbling? Do you fumble for your phone every time you hear a ring? I don't -- unless it's the same ring as mine.

What is the relevance of him fumbling? Do you fumble for your phone every time you hear a ring? I don't -- unless it's the same ring as mine.

It adds an air of legitimacy to their claims of having the video if they can talk about aspects of the video that aren't in the public domain. Of course none of it matters until the video itself is seen by the public.

I don't fumble for my phone but if someone was inebriated and couldn't distinguish their own phone ringing with that of someone elses, they would certainly fumble.

It adds an air of legitimacy to their claims of having the video if they can talk about aspects of the video that aren't in the public domain. Of course none of it matters until the video itself is seen by the public.

I don't fumble for my phone but if someone was inebriated and couldn't distinguish their own phone ringing with that of someone elses, they would certainly fumble.

Interesting. I increasingly get the feeling that the video is out there somewhere online, with only a privileged few gaining access to the link.

Interesting. I increasingly get the feeling that the video is out there somewhere online, with only a privileged few gaining access to the link.

Unfortunately that's not believable, considering how the internet works....

The guy got back to me. I'm pasting our exchange below because about 5 minutes after he tweeted this, he deleted his tweet (I have email notifications on)...

@DirkDrabelev 18 Jun
@KingBendell Really? The one everyone has been waiting for and that Gawker raised 200k to get their hands on? When do u plan to publish it?

@KingBendell
@DirkDrabelev I don't I'm gonna. hand it off to someone who will
08:09 PM - 18 Jun 13

I don't know. I'd think there could be more specific details they could use. And who would it convince anyway since only a handful of people have seen it. I doubt they're legit

The guy got back to me. I'm pasting our exchange below because about 5 minutes after he tweeted this, he deleted his tweet (I have email notifications on)...

Nice but also it's things like this that hurt their claims. "I have this great gossipy-news story exclusive that is gonna be huge but I'm not going to put it up on my own youth gossipy-new story website". I'm gonna call shenanigans on this one.

I don't know. I'd think there could be more specific details they could use. And who would it convince anyway since only a handful of people have seen it. I doubt they're legit

Totally agree with you.

It would be nice though to get some kind of verification from someone who has seen the video and then we could feel that much closer to the video being released.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back