663     1 
News   May 03, 2024
 428     0 
News   May 03, 2024
 224     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
And now for something completely different...

988863_10100446665142991_732942837_n.jpg

Been out all day and catching up. A few points:

- Today's report that the police already knew about the video and its detailed contents is consistent with what my source had tipped me and that I reported here 3 or so days before the news of the video broke. In conjunction with other information that that same source disclosed, I can say that I have a lot of confidence that either the video itself or wire taps describing it will be viewed/heard/read in court.

- Bill Blair refusing to discuss whether the Mayor is involved is clearly incriminating. If the Mayor had no involvement, the simple answer would have been "No". Why would they not clear an innocent man if there was no connection? Watch the press conference: the Chief is talking about Rob Ford and the video without saying "Rob Ford" and "video".

- It's becoming increasingly apparent that the video is involved in the murder of Anthony Smith. Given that it is a probable motive, the prosecution will submit it as evidence. Either the video itself or evidence of its existence including a detailed description. The police can't or probably won't prosecute the Mayor for possession but he may be charged for withholding evidence, obstruction of justice or as some indications suggest, serious crimes beng committed to retrieve the video. No doubt the police are also investigating whether the Dixon City Bloods have exerted any influence over the Mayor's official business.

With the evidence now retrieved in this morning's raid and suspects in custody being interviewed, if there is anything on the Mayor, he's going to be called to speak with the police in a matter of days.

When it comes before a court that there is a video and its involvement in Anthony Smith's murder, Ford will have to admit to it or continue running away from accountability and adding the Police to his delusion of persecution. Will he resign? Never. That chance passed with Towhey's firing. Even if he's arrested, he'll likely be out on parole and can carry on being Mayor. Unless he were far worse of a person than our wildest imaginations and is charged with ordering the murder of Anthony Smith and encarcerated awaiting trial, we're stuck with him until Election Day 2014.

It is absolutely ridiculous to suggest the "evidence" of a video would be submitted in a court case. Especially in a murder case. Totally ridiculous.

and kids being kids, they may say there are but are not. I find it hard to believe 15% or more are gay. I think that those that are might want the number to be higher or at least spread the work that it is. In the future you will have people saying 50% and people will believe it. How could the population have increased so much if that were true. I wonder if they will someday figure out genetically how people turn out to be gay. For sure they will.

15% of the population is gay? It doesn't make sense if 2% of 65+ identify as gay, but 15% of younger ppl. It makes absolutely no sense.

There has to be some mistake. There's no way the Mayor could've been at the festival - he should be spending time with his family, perhaps even at his cottage.

She should go to jail. This is a hate crime against overweight ppl (and possibly drug addicted ppl).

Anyway, you can't throw things at the mayor of a major city in public and not expect to go to jail. This person is a moron. Maybe she was radicalized reading the comments in here. LOL

Btw, Ford is still the Mayor. And will be for as long as HE pleases.

It is absolutely ridiculous to suggest the "evidence" of a video would be submitted in a court case. Especially in a murder case. Totally ridiculous.

Sarcasm isn't always obvious when engaging in online discourse so I'll just ask... are you being sarcastic or have you written this as serious comment. If it's the latter, may I ask you to expand on your statement, which seems to suggest that evidence that is potentially motive for murder would not be presented in court?

It's not at all funny, or even very good protesting PR, to assault someone with thrown liquid. That said:

This is a hate crime against overweight ppl (and possibly drug addicted ppl).

...is absurd. Again, words have actual meanings, and in this case legal meaning -- throwing something at a particular overweight drug addict because you disagree with that specific individual's actions is not a "hate crime". Seriously. I very much doubt he was assaulted because he's overweight or an addict -- he was assaulted because he's the mayor and has apparently engaged in illegal activity that brings disrepute to the office and the city. That's assault, but it's not a hate crime. You don't get to make up the definition of legal terms.

Btw, Ford is still the Mayor. And will be for as long as HE pleases.
Possibly. As discussed at length earlier, there are surprisingly few mechanisms to remove a sitting mayor. But significant jail time would be one.

I'm always sort of grossed out by the people who throw themselves at someone like Ford just so they can get their picture taken with someone famous and put up a jokey comment on their facebook page. Ford and his people take that as support, but to the young people getting the photos it's just a joke, like getting their picture with Silver Elvis or Zanta.
I absolutely can't stand when people do this! I'd rather if people ignored him instead.

Was the drink in question... Coke?

Funny, but this was wrong. Why not engage him? Why not debate the why's & the where's on policies & "truthiness" - not the crack thing? Hurling insults or throwing things at him is not only stupid, but it only makes him out to be a victim in the media.

15% of the population is gay? It doesn't make sense if 2% of 65+ identify as gay, but 15% of younger ppl. It makes absolutely no sense.

Well think about it for two seconds. Gay people were opressed and outcast back when there 65+ people were coming of age. There was a stigma against it, and many of those people kept themselves in the closet and forced themselves (or were forced by family) to live a "normal" life.

Nowadays, there is a vast amount of social support in the LGBTQ community and being homo/bi/transsexual isn't nearly as stigmatized - so there is much more incentive for people to be themselves, or at the very least the incentive to be someone else's version of "normal" has gone away. Remember that the 15% is LGBTQ (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transexual, Questioning) - that covers a LOT of ground, especially in teenagers. The typical rate for homosexuality is about 10% in the animal world, and that actually holds true for many animal species. I'm not sure of the parameters of the survey, but I can certainly understand/believe why it would be that high.

Oh the irony - an average joe throwing juice can get one arrested but having multiple run ins with the law in a position of power (CoI, reading while driving, this whole crackgate saga) doesn't.

Touche.

AoD

You condone random assaults? Or rather approve of a society that tolerates them?

Aren't laws made to be enforced?

I despise Rob Ford, but agree that throwing stuff at him in public only feeds into his victim complex. I'd get more satisfaction seeing some worthy candidate hand his ass to him (and puppet master big brother) come election time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back