Toronto Post House Condominiums | ?m | 21s | Alterra | Wallman Architects

I predict this sleeper is going to surprise a lot of people.
Had a real good look at the model in the sales office the other day.
It should look quite handsome as a backdrop to those old buildings on Adelaide. I expect it will slide in very comfortably beside the Vue and the rest of the neighbourhood.
Speaking of which, that area is certainly evolving rapidly. Picking up vibes of a cool Soho Manhattan feel from our recent walks exploring the shops.
Is this turning into a great city or what.

imo it's the result of slm community and their desire to maintain height restrictions to mid-20 storeys and having the podiums reflect the nature of the area.

I got an e-mail from the builders yesterday that I need to come in for color choices and upgrades...Thought it was a bit early for this, considering that my brother had to make these choices a year prior to moving in. Maybe they are working at warp speed...How many more years will it take for the building to be complete. Initial estimate was August 2013, but I highly doubt that.

Looks like the crane is going to be installed tomorrow (22nd). I live across the st at the Vu and there's notices that george st will be closed from 7am - 7pm for a crane company.

New pic w/ crane

New Image.jpg

Attachments

• New Image.jpg
    New Image.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 535
Another perspective of the lowest crane in Toronto.

DSC_0485.jpg

Anyone know when construction is going to be completed?

Attachments

• DSC_0485.jpg
    DSC_0485.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 756
Hi. New guy. Invested and wanting some knowledgeable information, please. I know for a fact(?) city council passed a resolution to renovate that horrid hell, Seaton House, within five years, two years ago.

Also, from unconfirmable sources, I heard the Salvation Army has put its Maxwell Meighen Shelter property on the market.

P.S. Thanks all for showing me the pride torontonians have for our city and culture, oh, and the pictures too.

Last edited:
Nice! Looks like it's going to be a handsome project. I was always a westender until I attended George Brown...and now I'm really digging downtown east and soon to be a new resident :D So bring on more of these infills.

Looks like a really deep dig in close quarters!

They have just applied for another floor!

Application: Zoning Review Status: Not Started

TORONTO ON M5A 2N4

Ward 28: Toronto Centre-Rosedale

Application#: 13 102779 ZPR 00 ZR Accepted Date: Jan 8, 2013

Project: Apartment Building Addition

Description: Proposal to add 1 additional floor to proposed 21 floor Condominium. Exisiting proposal has 21 floors - New proposal will be for 22 floors. Residential units will increase from 279 to 294. Please see #10-142571.

They have just applied for another floor!

Application: Zoning Review Status: Not Started

TORONTO ON M5A 2N4

Ward 28: Toronto Centre-Rosedale

Application#: 13 102779 ZPR 00 ZR Accepted Date: Jan 8, 2013

Project: Apartment Building Addition

Description: Proposal to add 1 additional floor to proposed 21 floor Condominium. Exisiting proposal has 21 floors - New proposal will be for 22 floors. Residential units will increase from 279 to 294. Please see #10-142571.

Something I've never been totally clear on when floors are added. Do present purchasers get affected in any way?
I assume present penthouse purchasers end up a little higher. They did after-all pay a premium. What about the sub penthouse future owners. Often a premium was paid there also.
Obviously the builder does not shift everyone up a floor and then sell the new floor. Are options offered to present purchasers? Anyone know exactly how this all plays out?

Back