Toronto L-Tower | 204.82m | 58s | Cityzen | Daniel Libeskind

i agree, i usually don't like how our skyline looks from the east, but in that pic, OMG!!!! And L tower will fit in PERFECTLY and balance everything out.!!! and then ICE will follow along with BA2,

and Trump tower in that pic makes me feel like in 2008 seeing a photoshopped version of what it would look like on the skyline!!! it's a good thing! I'm about to cry!!!!! I've been dreaming of this!!!

I love the view from downtown east, particularly from the Distillery District towers. You see St. Lawrence in foreground, the towers of the core in the background, and Toronto's dense and beautiful skyline from the Financial District towards midtown. To further boost the views from the east, you have to go to the Port Lands to see the spires of the Royal York Hotel and Commerce Court North on the skyline together. Hopefully the city preserves those views.

I love the view from downtown east, particularly from the Distillery District towers. You see St. Lawrence in foreground, the towers of the core in the background, and Toronto's dense and beautiful skyline from the Financial District towards midtown. To further boost the views from the east, you have to go to the Port Lands to see the spires of the Royal York Hotel and Commerce Court North on the skyline together. Hopefully the city preserves those views.

my problem is, you don't really see the "whole" skyline, the drop off by Scotia Plaza/Bay Adelaide completely dominates everything north of it, not to mention, these CBD towers are WAY larger than any other buildings in the city (footprint and height wise), so everything else is dwarfed,

- but it;s getting better :)

Some L tower yesterday,
* i had no idea how skinny this thing would be/how small it's footprint is from the north

7473451582_a2b38bbfa0_b.jpg

7473448590_8683e3b156_b.jpg

Some BEFORE and AFTER photos:

L-Tower and Market Wharf are having a big impact on the skyline for eastenders like me. The picture below was taken three years ago on June 21, 2009. Note: No Trump, and MLSq still rising...

DSC00172.jpg

Today (July 2, 2012):
IMG_4351.jpg

Before close up (June 21, 2009):
DSC00173.jpg

Today close up (July 2, 2012):
IMG_4354.jpg

This "today" view will change dramatically in the next 6 to 12 months by which time L-Tower, Market Wharf, ICE E&W and The Berszcy are completed or topped off. And in another 3 years time, there will be several more major office and condo towers appearing on the scene, including 1 York St & 90 Harbour Square, RBC Tower, 10 York Street, 88 Scott Street, BAC east tower, Massey Tower, and three projects along Front Street East i.e. 154 Front East (Context's Grehound Bus Terminal site); 177-197 Front Street (Pemberto's Sobey's-Acura block), and First Gulf's Toronto Sun Building condo/office towers.

What an incredibly interesting time to be living in Toronto. Truly unprecedented...

Great photo. It looks almost as if the core of the tower has some curve as well - or is this an optical illusion?

Last edited:
this photo is fantastic. I thought someone had took l tower and put it in a differ city at first. it's a very cool perspective in black and white it dose not look like Toronto. great job.

Back