Toronto Five St Joseph | 160.93m | 48s | Five St. Joseph | Hariri Pontarini

From today:

6813710942_4869913b64_b.jpg

seems like the construction is not making much progress.. I wish there could be a bit more progress..

People here are very welcoming and hardly condescending, eh Shenshen? I see you're rather new, so welcome. The Kitty, the shoe, and the architect have all made posts with less insight, rationale, and relevance than yours, so don't let them get to you.

Snarkyness is apparently a quality to be revered and aspired to on UT. Otherwise its a great place to hang out.

Having said all of that, I'll disagree with you. It was only a few months ago that they were still doing demolition on the old building. And like AG pointed out, it is a tricky site.

People here are very welcoming and hardly condescending, eh Shenshen? I see you're rather new, so welcome. The Kitty, the shoe, and the architect have all made posts with less insight, rationale, and relevance than yours, so don't let them get to you.

Snarkyness is apparently a quality to be revered and aspired to on UT. Otherwise its a great place to hang out.

Having said all of that, I'll disagree with you. It was only a few months ago that they were still doing demolition on the old building. And like AG pointed out, it is a tricky site.

Mine wasn't snarky, I asked what that poster expected. This project only started demolition a couple months ago, and has to undergo multiple complicated methods of retaining the facades while excavating mere feet from it. It won't take a couple weeks to do all of that. This isn't some empty lot development.

Overall UT is very unwelcoming though, I would have to agree.

Last edited:
In an effort to refocus the thread, here is a picture of the construction site taken from 1001 Bay street. Picture isn't the best but as you know, no balconies at 1001 Bay so it makes picture taking difficult. Also, everyday for the last 2 weeks there have been dump trucks lined down Phipps street and idling on Bay waiting to get to the site, so something is certainly happening.

IMG_0673.jpg

Last edited:

Back