Toronto Aura at College Park | 271.87m | 78s | Canderel | Graziani + Corazza

^Or perhaps a second for T.o. Isn't the exact same system being used at Trump right now? Still really cool. I forgot about their intentions of opening the retail podium to the public before the tower is complete. It'll be nice not having a huge mess at street level for years.

No, it's not the same system. At Trump, a standard scaffolding system was setup, whereas Aura is using a custom fabricated structural steel system.

Regardless, it's about time. The regulations surrounding hoarding for high-rise projects in Toronto are woefully inadequate.

i feel sorry for the guys who bought just below where the 3 floors were added. they must be feeling really badly they didn't buy another floor up!

Not sure it matters. Say they added three floors starting at the 50th floor. If you bought on 49 you are still on 49. If you bought on 50 you are now on 54. Who loses?

Not sure it matters. Say they added three floors starting at the 50th floor. If you bought on 49 you are still on 49. If you bought on 50 you are now on 54. Who loses?

Those three extra floors added (36th-38th) just sold for $700-$750sqft. I’m pretty sure the person who originally purchased on the 35th floor (and paid $550sqft) isn't shedding tears.

Now that they’ve completed the first 13 floors, the tower size narrows and should rise faster than ever. :)

Lots of boys, busy this morning on the top floor.

DGRXs.jpg

Photo by me... Just now

Traynor aka latman... nice to hear from ya!!!!!
Not even the great Latman, can keep up with the renders required by this city!!!! lol

Isnt it crazy .. the continuous nature of this cycle!!!!?????

That render you did last year from the north looking south, is still oneof my favz.... however it is crazily out of date already!!! Nice to see you around !! Be good!! Miss your contributions!! One of the sane ones!! :D

No, the 3 floors were added lower than the 50th floor. I got floor 36, and got a letter last week telling me that my unit is now on level 39. So the 3 added floor must be added before 36th floor at least..

No, the 3 floors were added lower than the 50th floor. I got floor 36, and got a letter last week telling me that my unit is now on level 39. So the 3 added floor must be added before 36th floor at least..

Those three extra floors added (36th-38th) just sold for $700-$750sqft. I’m pretty sure the person who originally purchased on the 35th floor (and paid $550sqft) isn't shedding tears.

So the three extra floors were added between the 35th and old 36th floors. You were just high enough to get the 3-floor boost.

awesome pic Traynor!

just to clarify, all those setbacks on the podiums are terraces too right?

this tower's setbacks are great. it's the king of setbacks. it plays well with the street and its surroundings. i've come to appreciate this tower more and more. can't get over how awesome it already is. I think the podium makes it for me.

I am confused. With 3 added floors, shouldn't floor 36 now become floor 40? I am at 64, but got a letter telling me that it is now 67....I thought it would be 68 instead, just like 50 becomes 54 as Edward previously alluded to. Can anyone clarify?

36 -> 39
+3 -> 38
+2 -> 37
+1 -> 36
35 -> 35

Make sense now?

pretty lucky.. a win win for all that your unit gets pushed up 3 stories (unless you're afraid of heights/the extra 1 second wait for each elevator ride).... speaking of elevators, only certain elevators will access certain floors right? (like many office buildings)... there are no elevators with 78+ buttons right?

I just read on SSC that a new condo is going up in NYC that will be 1000 feet tall, so sadly, this will not be the tallest residential tower in North America. Damn you, New York!

I just read on SSC that a new condo is going up in NYC that will be 1000 feet tall, so sadly, this will not be the tallest residential tower in North America. Damn you, New York!

What building are you talling about? I haven't heard of any such proposal and certainly there isn't a 1000ft residential building under construction in NYC. Meaning Aura will still become the tallest residential building in the western hemisphere when completed. Naturally that doesn't mean that it will retain that title indefinitely, just as Aura will surpass the current record holder for this title; NYC's 8 Spruce Street which was only just recently completed (893ft vs 876ft). When it comes to skyscrapers, all title's are transient.

One57 is residential/hotel (the Park Hyatt will occupy the first 38 floors).

Thus, technically Aura will retain the tallest "residential" building in North America.

Incidentally, apartments at One57 start at $6,000/sqft, with the PH hitting $10,500/sqft.

Last edited:

Back