News   May 10, 2024
 291     0 
News   May 10, 2024
 292     0 
News   May 10, 2024
 408     0 

Toronto Eaton Centre

Toronto Eaton Centre Retail

But does the Eaton Centre warrant a flagship-sized, multi-floor Harry Rosen? It would seem that Harry's customers (wealthy businessmen) would more likely be found near the FCP or Bloor St. stores. The Eaton Centre is full of teenagers and tourists. And it's not like their current store is packed with customers.

I wonder if they will offer more of the less expensive, younger men's fashion, or is there that much demand for $2,000 suits in Toronto? It would seem they need to lure in the men who shop at Banana Republic and Zara, as they are far more busy in the Eaton Centre than Harry's is.

I'm a little puzzled by this too. I though Bloor was their flagship?

Harry Rosen can have as many "flagship" stores as they want... Club Monaco considers both Bloor and the Eaton Centre "Flagship" locations in terms of merchandising...

Companies can have flagships. And then they can have flagships.

e.g. Eaton Centre for a certain company is "the" flagship, but then Bloor is another "flagship" and so is Yorkdale.

I'm surprised HR is moving to a bigger store, It's never busy like the Bloor location.

But does the Eaton Centre warrant a flagship-sized, multi-floor Harry Rosen? It would seem that Harry's customers (wealthy businessmen) would more likely be found near the FCP or Bloor St. stores. The Eaton Centre is full of teenagers and tourists. And it's not like their current store is packed with customers.

There's just not enough room in FCP to expand further from their current two floors and that location also suffers from shortened hours compared to either the Eaton Centre or Bloor. It has become easier in the past year or two to get to Eaton Centre from the PATH, however, and maybe that justifies the expansion.

Is the combined McDonald's/Cultures/Grand & Toy all that much bigger than Harry Rosen's current location? Will it include the space that was the upper level of Atomosphere? Who will then move into the old HR location mid-mall? It used to be that the prestige was up in the north end of the mall (back when there was the big Birks store and Eaton's was still around), but perphaps HR sees itself better located near The Bay, whose menswear dept. is also on that level just across Queen?

Don't know if it will be part of Harry Rosen, but signage at the Disney Store states they will close "on or before December 26th".

The Scrooges at Cadillac Fairview came up with this idea for the Eaton Centre. No more Santa, bah humbug!

Santa’s on Skype: Toronto Eaton Centre drops traditional mall sessions

A Canadian holiday tradition for more than 100 years is coming to an end this year – no, Virginia, the little ones won't be lining up to see Santa Claus at the famed Toronto Eaton Centre.

Since just after the turn of the century, Eaton's flagship store in the city's downtown has been the hot spot for kids to meet Santa and give him their Christmas wish lists.

But changing times and fortunes, including those of the Eaton family who no longer own the shopping centre, mean Santa won't have such prime real estate this year.

Instead of lining up to meet the jolly old man, children will instead be asked to sign up with the Eaton Centre to attend a weekend story time session and get a photo on Santa's knee if they choose.

Santa is also now cool with cyberspace, so parents can register their kids for a 10-minute Skype session with him, also arranged through the shopping centre.

Both are free, says marketing director Meredith Vlitas, who decided to shake things up this year and look for more innovative ways to showcase St. Nick.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/life...ops-traditional-mall-sessions/article2255705/

Last edited by a moderator:
Perfect location for a flagship store of Target.

I would have thought Target would have taken over Sears' location - but Target is now really taking it to Sears going toe-to-toe with its HQ and store. Knowing what I know about the upper management at Sears HQ I suspect Target to win...

I would have thought Target would have taken over Sears' location - but Target is now really taking it to Sears going toe-to-toe with its HQ and store. Knowing what I know about the upper management at Sears HQ I suspect Target to win...

What do you mean its HQ ?

What do you mean its HQ ?

Sears Canada HQ is located in the floors above its main store at Yonge and Dundas. Its old HQ digs on Jarvis were sold off by former CEO Dene Rogers and are well along their renovation into a new Provincial court house. Sears' sales are way down and it's rumored the new CEO (a kid from Loblaws) has a 2 year plan. Don't know what happens after 2 years - that's anybody's guess.

Sears Canada HQ is located in the floors above its main store at Yonge and Dundas. Its old HQ digs on Jarvis were sold off by former CEO Dene Rogers and are well along their renovation into a new Provincial court house. Sears' sales are way down and it's rumored the new CEO (a kid from Loblaws) has a 2 year plan. Don't know what happens after 2 years - that's anybody's guess.

Yep, I guess what I meant is Target's Canadian headquarters is in Mississauga so I didn't see the relation. But I see what you're getting at.

I don't see sears surviving in the long run without major help changes / buyouts.

Back