Toronto St Regis Toronto Hotel and Residences | 281.93m | 58s | JFC Capital | Zeidler

Is this thing opening in January for sure? Or is it yet another unrealistic date set by the owners?

I think they are being optimistic. Being there in person 1 month ago, I don't see how they can complete the hotel at a running 5 star level in this short amount of time. The Spa was still in concrete form, nothing completed.
I will be surprised if they pull through on this date. My guess is March-April.

Scotiabank should put an ugly trump spire on top of their building and then be like, boom screw you.

Spires are cheating. Real height is to the top of the building.

Spires are like holding out a poll as you near the finish line of a race and saying my poll crossed before your body so I won not you.

Scotiabank should put an ugly trump spire on top of their building and then be like, boom screw you.

Spires are cheating. Real height is to the top of the building.

Spires are like holding out a poll as you near the finish line of a race and saying my poll crossed before your body so I won not you.

I jokingly suggested I'd go to the top of Scotia and cement myself on top of it. :p

Since the Trump spire is only 2m taller than Scotia, I would put Scotia back ahead..

I was up on 53 at the TD center this week and took a few shots:

6289832241_21291f7189_b.jpg

6289832341_0f339d3bab_b.jpg

How does Trump manage to build the ugliest tall tower in every major city?

u mad bro??? Trump Chicago???

and amazing photo's Mo-tage. trump looks even better from up there! the glass looks amazing with the penthouse setback/terrace. very very very cool.

And by WopChop on the skyline thread:

IMG_8199.jpg

I like to think of this as the 'hidden skyline', as it's not typically visible from the classic vantage points on the islands.

http://urbantoronto.ca/forum/showthread.php/8967-Toronto-skyline?p=570046&posted=1#post570046
and who said Trump doesn't have a good view ^^^^. you can see the entire city.

So the little widdle snide commenting kitty is still around huh? Figured a stray like you would have been struck by a car with the license plate 'banned' long ago. None the less, thank you once again for reminding us all just how valuable your contributions to UT are.

Oh and one more thing, you really should read the UT Rules of Conduct;

- Stay on topic. Read the thread subject and previous postings carefully before replying to a topic. There is some room to move around in a thread but keep it to a minimum. We want to have a forum that provides knowledge to its members rather than a soapbox for people who just want to add to their post counts. We will warn you if we think you’re posting too often about nothing. Don’t take it personally. We just want the content to stay strong.
- Make sure your posts contribute something meaningful to the thread.

I beg to differ, AG - the views from the East side of Riverdale Park are some of the most spectacular in the city. I've also always been partial to the view from Sir Winston Churchill Reservoir at St. Clair and Spadina Road.

Back