Toronto King Charlotte | 114.9m | 32s | Lamb Dev Corp | a—A

And just to underscore that, Brad Lamb told UrbanToronto directly that it is a Peter Clewes design.

^Well, neither aA nor Core are as HardCore as me! I walked in the rain from the dull (except for the ladies...:D) Powerplant opening on QQ tonight to High Park in the rain, getting my camera wet....march 10/2011, all is quiet at the kc:

068vj.jpg

I believe Clewes is part of Niche Developments, who is part of the developer consortium.

On another note - I really think this site only works if you get the adjacent parcel with the Charlotte Room on the ground floor.

On another note - I really think this site only works if you get the adjacent parcel with the Charlotte Room on the ground floor.

It's not as constrained as it looks at first glance. There's a laneway (I think City owned) at the southern end of the site which provides some separation between it and the MEC site. As far as the Charlotte Room site goes, it might be listed/designated heritage or at the very least there was a staff report that identified it as a "property contributing to heritage character". The other thing is the Charlotte Room site is probably too narrow on its own to develop. Either way if there's no development potential on the site to the north, separation issues aren't a problem.

I knew this must be Clewes-- not to mention that the fishnet box on the top is very similar to what he did down at Pier 27.

Seems like the sales office is in place at the existing 11 Charlotte building which will serve both Theatre Park and King Charlotte developments.

It appears to be an aA project. The barcode openings in the podium has been replaced with random square and rectangular openings, similar to Market Wharf.

Other way around. The Market Wharf-esque rectangular openings were from an earlier iteration which was then altered to the 'barcode' seen here.

Seems the report is wrong then - the King Charlotte website credits Monseur Clewes directly.

Odd, too, since he (Clewes) was present at the community meeting where this project was presented. I guess Urban Dreamer has more knowledge of his beliefs about Clewes moving to Core.

Not a bad project at all. Interesting that they're going to try to make retail work on the south side alley. It will definitely transform the fairly charming little street, but it's not bad looking and seems to offer something to the area..

Shots of the alleys that surround "King Charlotte".

Looking West towards "Charlie".

wiv3b.jpg

Looking North behind "King Charlotte".

BVBa3.jpg

Looking South behind "King Charlotte" towards "M5V".

Vne9r.jpg

Looking West from Peter Street towards the back of "King Charlotte".

Gz4d3.jpg

Back