Toronto NXT & NXT2 Condominiums | ?m | 35s | Cresford | a—A

• Thread starter TheAlmightyFuzzy
  • Start date
One big ugly 35 storey massive slab..it would have been nicer to have a couple 40 storey elegant point towers for this location.

lol

I do remember a couple of months back when there were Hollywood style ray of lights in the air and a long line up of people towards the evening at the sales office. My assumption was that they were either having a clearance sale or releasing the penthouse suites.

Also, about a week ago, I was talking with an acquittance who lives there and she couldn't help but to describe the place as "ghetto". Apparently the only thing "Fendi" is the furniture in the lobby that still hasn't been placed. At a glance of a one bedroom suite, I was surprised by the lack of quality of the finishes. The baseboards are just a regular piece of plain wood certainly not over the 2 inch mark. The kitchens are terrible in size, quality and practicality. Some cupboards next to and above the oven are so narrow that you can barely fit a salt and pepper shaker. The doors to the bathroom and laundry room that I saw were plain and cheap looking, being quite rough to the touch and they looked like a juvenile painted them white.

Two thumbs down for yet another Cresford project.

^Old news.

Ya, I just read about it.

One big ugly 35 storey massive slab..it would have been nicer to have a couple 40 storey elegant point towers for this location.

True, doesn't make sense since NXT was supposed to be taller, so 27 vs 22. Now it's gonna be 27 vs 35? Not to mention that the facilities were meant to accommodate only 22 floors' worth of ppl, so there's a danger of overcrowding in some senses.

lol

I do remember a couple of months back when there were Hollywood style ray of lights in the air and a long line up of people towards the evening at the sales office. My assumption was that they were either having a clearance sale or releasing the penthouse suites.

Also, about a week ago, I was talking with an acquittance who lives there and she couldn't help but to describe the place as "ghetto". Apparently the only thing "Fendi" is the furniture in the lobby that still hasn't been placed. At a glance of a one bedroom suite, I was surprised by the lack of quality of the finishes. The baseboards are just a regular piece of plain wood certainly not over the 2 inch mark. The kitchens are terrible in size, quality and practicality. Some cupboards next to and above the oven are so narrow that you can barely fit a salt and pepper shaker. The doors to the bathroom and laundry room that I saw were plain and cheap looking, being quite rough to the touch and they looked like a juvenile painted them white.

Two thumbs down for yet another Cresford project.

That's a pretty negative pt of view. I don't think it's ghetto in any sense. It definitely isn't high-class either, but I just expected a reg setting and that's what I got; so far so good. I don't think that the length of the basebd represents the diff between luxury and slumming it out lol. My linear/open kitchen is quite usable: I guess it depends on your cooking style. However, I agree that there's 1 cupbd next to the stove that is crazy narrow, can't fit too much in there save for some bottles. Not sure about the doors since all mine are glass/metal sliders and tastefully done.

To be even more objective, my smooth ceiling wasn't perfect smooth (I can see where it 'ripples' in some areas) and there were slight damages to the floor that will be handled by PDI. Overall, it's just a nice, middle-class setting imho. I was very surprised because reading the forums I expected the worst about Cresford, but from my experience, it has been good. I've been to other condos of friends and think that mine is better. Especially good is the sound-proofing. I cannot hear my side neighbors at all. After many months living here, I only recently heard some noises from the ppl above(?) because they were crazy-loud.

Onfence- Your smooth ceilings were an upgrade, no? If so, make sure to be on top of them to actually fix the rough parts.

Can those baseboards actually be called baseboards? I guess I was disappointed as from the sales office, I got the impression that the finishes and overall quality would be a little more superior compared to Park Lake. I remember looking at the appliances
in one of NXT's suites and thinking they were pretty cheap looking. Is that correct? The sliding glass doors are top notch.

Onfence- Your smooth ceilings were an upgrade, no? If so, make sure to be on top of them to actually fix the rough parts.

Can those baseboards actually be called baseboards? I guess I was disappointed as from the sales office, I got the impression that the finishes and overall quality would be a little more superior compared to Park Lake. I remember looking at the appliances
in one of NXT's suites and thinking they were pretty cheap looking. Is that correct? The sliding glass doors are top notch.

No, my smooth ceilings and some other upgrades were included since I bought one of the preselected remaining flats. Actually, it's not that my ceilings are not smooth, it's the shotty paint job that left 'marks' so it looks uneven. I'm going to start another thread on that topic here:
http://urbantoronto.ca/showthread.p...or-renovating-the-ceiling&p=508484#post508484

I'm not an expert on basebrds, and I have the reg white, smooth, standard ones. They are 3 inches in height from the floor. They look acceptable to me, but then again I don't like fancy designs and these are as std as can be. *shrugs*

I visited the Park Lake showroom and didn't notice any differences in terms of quality. Supposedly, there are slight improvements in NXT but I only knew that I didn't like the look of that building and the remaining flats weren't so good, esp w/ the higher price so I went w/ NXT.

I think the appliances in NXT are alright. However, I'll have to complain that the dishwasher doesn't have the 'rinse' function. Otherwise, they're good, standard appliances. Of course, the w/d are the cheap white ones but they are functional and I like the auto dry setting.

I hate when people refer to things as "ghetto". Pretty ignorant.

As far as NXT goes. It's your run of the mill condo. It has a nice look to it but it's middle of the road. I'm not sure what some people expected. The finishes/appliances, etc are standard for that type of building. If you want the "un-ghetto" look then you're going to have to pay MORE. LOL.

At the end of the day, what matters most are the bones of the condo. You can always renovate at a later date.

If this is what you call "ghetto" then I must live in a ghetto too.
7979lmi_20.jpeg

63609kb_20.jpeg

2662n05_20.jpeg

0425ibn_20.jpeg

601344d_20.jpeg

In regards to the height increase of the west building: along with the increase to 35 storeys from 22, the size of the floor plate has been decreased, so that the new tower will look more like a point tower than a slab. Not as much of the western view from the east building will be blocked now. We'll try to get more info on this!

Last edited:
In regards to the height increase of the west building: along with the increase to 35 storeys from 22, the size of the floor plate has been decreased, so that the new tower will look more like a point tower than a slab. Not as much of the western view from the east building will be blocked now. We'll try to get more info on this!

Right-on, that may look OK.

Looking forward to news on this...I'm confused, how much could it possibly change though?

Back