Toronto Aura at College Park | 271.87m | 78s | Canderel | Graziani + Corazza

If I had 20 million, I'd buy a an entire 100 to 150 unit highrise to call home. I think it might be fun for a while.

I thought there was some construction started here - has that all stopped ?

Any more time lapse photos?

Shoring activities are continuing. There appeared to be a problem with one of the shoring machines (the one near the corner of Yonge and Gerrard) for much of Monday and Tuesday, but it was working again later on Tuesday afternoon. The South entrance to College Park is now closed and the site fencing extends right to the building. The other shoring machine is working at the south edge of the building, just outside the Deboers and Downunder stores, a just couple of feet or so from the wall.

AHK

Real digging appears to have started (as of a couple days ago) on the west side of the main part of the lot (next to the car ramp). My guess is that there is a big wall there from the parking garage, so there is no need to put in a retaining wall. I guess that means the pilings are almost ready as the first round of digging will probably reach the other sides of the site within a couple weeks.

I'll do another time-lapse sequence next week when the lighting is favourable.

Various shots showing the site progress from the ground

Click on the thumbnail to enlarge, then click again on the image for full size.

This is very exciting. I think this project will change the whole feel of the area and give it a much needed boost.

Various shots showing the site progress from the ground

Click on the thumbnail to enlarge, then click again on the image for full size.

Thanks for the updates DT ... I particularly appreciate the site plan, it helps to putting Aura in context with the entire College Park block ~

Thanks for the updates DT ... I particularly appreciate the site plan, it helps to putting Aura in context with the entire College Park block ~

It's going to be tricky working around the delivery ramp. As much as I have high hopes that we're going to get a good looking building, podium and retail here (not to mention a future connection to PATH), I'm just as excited about the financial contribution that will go toward rejuvenating College Park (or Barbara Ann Scott Park). I've always liked the space in there but it's a little rundown and some of the space needs to be re-designed, repaired and updated.

Speaking of PATH (not happening, I know), is Aura a) going to have an underground concourse to begin with, and if so, b) will it connect to College Park?

Back