Toronto Living Shangri-La Toronto | 214.57m | 66s | Westbank | James Cheng

I realize I'm recycling old, out-of-date, quickie scribbles... but I'd much rather look at a "1000 words" of Shangri-la than read any more whining, wanking and whimpering that has choked most of the joy out of the forum recently. ;-)

zshangview.jpg

Harry... when are you building our pyramid??? Hopefully Cass got paid....

BTW, next round is on me.

whine.jpg

^^^special note: our whine will be available in 2 litre vacuum boxes in early December at substantial savings... stay tuned!

Last edited:
I realize I'm recycling old, out-of-date, quickie scribbles... but I'd much rather look at a "1000 words" of Shangri-la than read any more whining, wanking and whimpering that has choked most of the joy out of the forum recently. ;-)

I agree..... you can include the bashing of The Ritz and L-Tower, its interesting cause they are three of the best projects going up in Toronto right now..

^ actually... the whole "country" ( and probably the continent).

Not to mention the newbie "holy shishkabob" when provided with a different pov.

We are so lucky to have something (many things) to whine about.

Mulberries satire is just boring, available everywhere and obviously, self-indulgent. and repitious as a discussion point. I walk the puppy in High park which can welcome many trees of any genous and friendly rotweillers "to boot".

Skyscrapers (aka vision + budget) and other mega built forms that keep their design promise here in Toronto are somewhat rare and extraordinary (I know I can't build one).

We get to see a few of those unfold. Lucky us.

/\ 3d will you be making another future toronto skyline render or not??because i look forward to seeing it if you do.

Magnificent render 3Dementia. I love the misty morning feel of it.

Last edited by a moderator:
VERY nice shots Matrix!

***Yes, still a whole but hey!... it's shrinking!... The gap between ground level and where it's at is ALOT smaller than from what I can remember!

That's coming up pretty quickly. It used to be that you couldn't even see to the bottom of the hole from the south side.

Magnificent render 3Dementia. I love the misty morning feel of it.

Thanks.

I realized that I had a much better (and more up-to-date re: heights and projects incl. AGO, Mars2 etc.) render kicking around so I "re-skinned" BMO... here it is:

shangviewREV.jpg

Last edited:
/\ 3d will you be making another future toronto skyline render or not??because i look forward to seeing it if you do.

I was picking away at a mega-pano last year (obviously before 1 Bloor East cacked) but got bored and gave up on it... here's the work-in-progress:

In similar fashion to the huge waterfront pano I did, this one assumes you are standing near Cherry Beach and looking/panning from west to east, all the way to Eglinton (which can be seen in reality).

It's a unique POV because you can see the waterfront skyline and much of the north/south skyline that usually is hidden in Toronto photos.

Stuff is missing and I doubt I'll get back to this... but enjoy. I'll post it over in another section.

To ensure this is on topic, feel free to try and find a sliver of Shangri-la in the render.

SPECIAL NOTE: I threw a bunch of generic/fictional buildings into East Bayfront as sort of placeholders 'cause I was interested in how that built form will appear when complete.

Medium

ULTIMATEmed.jpg

Link to Larger Render
ULTIMATEmed.jpg

-

Sick render!!!!

But unrealistic in the sense that Toronto looks SOOOO futuristic :D

But excellent render though!... the skyline looks SOO much different now!

:eek::eek: OMG!! that is the best render of toronto i have ever seen. i dont know what projects you are missing but please continue working on it!! i could just stare at this for hours thanks for posting it.:):)

grrrrrr.... The skyline looks SOOOOO much better with 1BE!!!!!!!!

I could stare at that photo and cry all day cause of it!:(

the last render is AMAZING!
lets hope the bloor young intersection gets something just as good as the concept 1 bloor

Back