Emerald City Condos (ELAD Canada) - Real Estate -

According to Probey, the $5000 credit was given upon early time where they had the Grand opening.

They said they are not advertising the $15,000 credit, because they are not doing it "officially" or not part of their official marketing. What do you mean by 25% downpayment?
No, it's not. It's 20%. Unless, they changed the rules recently. As far as I know it is 20% in 4 installments.

Sorry my bad...it is 20% down. You made some good points about saving more money on resale and often I wonder which directions I should go. Did you get more clarifications from your lawyer about the agreement or are you trying to some amended?

I actually got them covered the HST so I don't have to worry about it when it takes effect.

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats newbuyer! It's good to hear that you have them covered the HST portion.

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats newbuyer! It's good to hear that you have them covered the HST portion.
Thank you, probey. It would be a big help for me.
I think "poppy" lay out is the best lay out for one bedroom + den, but I wonder how come they haven't sold out on that style.

The layout of the unit is indeed excellent.

But I think due to the fact that the east view is blocked by the rental tower (except 17+ floors) is the deal breaker for quite a few buyers.

Check this picture. The black dot represent the poppy unit. It's a corner unit facing north east. The arrows represent the direction of the view from the unit and the balcony. You can see the view of the proposed new rental building A2 even from the 17th floor. The Y building won't be visible from the living room unless you actually really try to look south east. Anything above the line is the view from the unit. As you can see the y building is under the straight line.

Under the line is Trillium and Mulberry corner unit which has balcony facing straight to east direction, so it the y building will be visible just by sitting in the balcony.

That is why i went ahead with this unit. I was going to get the Trillium but changed my mind because Poopy has a better lay out and facing north east instead of east.

emeraldplan.jpg

Last edited:
Here are some more pictures as of August 9,2009. According to Samara, they have sold 20-22 units more in the past week. It was busy in the office today.

Of course these pictures are only the progress of the construction for the rental replacement, but I hope they are working as fast as they can so they can start building the condo. Do they have to wait until the rental construction done before they can start building the condo?

img00054200908091413.jpg

img00054200908091413.jpg

img00056200908091414.jpg

Last edited:
Here are some more pictures as of August 9,2009. According to Samara, they have sold 20-22 units more in the past week. It was busy in the office today.

Of course these pictures are only the progress of the construction for the rental replacement, but I hope they are working as fast as they can so they can start building the condo. Do they have to wait until the rental construction done before they can start building the condo?

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Yes, the replacement will be finished first people will move over afterward. Then the brown building will be taken down and tower 1 will be built.

According to Monica, tower 1 should begin by next summer.

Yes, the replacement will be finished first people will move over afterward. Then the brown building will be taken down and tower 1 will be built.

According to Monica, tower 1 should begin by next summer.
next summer huh? it feels so long. I was there yesterday like I mentioned, the prices went up. They said it will go up again today. My unit went up $20,000 in price.

Thanks for the pics!

I see great progress there, big difference from what I have posted before. In the first two pics, is it the 2nd level of underground parking?

Also, can mods please move the progress pics post to project and construction? I think it fits there more. Thanks :)

Hst

You know what, if they plan to give you 75% rebate on the 8%, why would they even ask people to pay it first? They could simply just charge them 2% only. That's it! It's just creating more paper work for them, and for the public. More paper work means more work thus more expenses. And then, they are going to make another excuses to raise taxes because they need to hire more people to handle the paper work. F*** them all the way up! If Dalton still ask people who buy new property to pay tax up front first, I'll make sure that my vote is going for someone else on the next election.
I don't understand why they don't plan to charge HST for re-sale home as well. He should know that new homes create businesses and new employments. Just watch the new housing market go down, construction companies lay off workers, and etc. Who's going to buy a new property if they can buy a re-sale home without paying 8% extra? I would rather to spend my money on re-sale that is for sure. Instead of thinking of raising taxes here and there, Dalton should use his brain to deal with matters such as the city strikes. In my life, I have never seen city worker strike as big as the ones in Toronto. Someone needs to be fired that is for sure for not doing the job right.

At the end of my frustation, I hope they will be SMART and WISE enough to completely exempt any new home purchases under $400k. If they still go for the retarded rebate system, Ontarians will be in big trouble. We need to start un-elect the retards in the office, and replace them with the sensible ones. GOD help us.

Thank you for the link Probey.

Hum, in the article, it said
■New home purchases under $400,000 would not pay any HST.

So I think the 75% rebrate is for the $400000 portion of new home over $400000.
What do you think?

Hum, in the article, it said
■New home purchases under $400,000 would not pay any HST.

So I think the 75% rebrate is for the $400000 portion of new home over $400000.
What do you think?
No. Home over between 400-500k will be getting a less rebate. Anything under 400k will be getting 75% reabte. Try to get the builder cover the HST. this way you don't have to worry about it later. I got mine covered.

No. Home over between 400-500k will be getting a less rebate. Anything under 400k will be getting 75% reabte. Try to get the builder cover the HST. this way you don't have to worry about it later. I got mine covered.

The only way to avoid HST is either your purchase agreement signed before July 2009 or close before July 2010.

And there is a suggestion that houses under $400k will be exempted from the tax. Nothing is confirmed for this suggestion yet.

Change in daffodil's floor plan confirmed

Just went to sales office, confirmed that daffodil's floor plan is changed (to unsold units only, sold units will not be affected).

Unit name is changed from Daffodil to Carnation, unit size remains the same, the only difference is now Carnation is a 2 bedrooms unit instead of 1 bedroom + den. Overall not much change in terms of layout.

Daffodil's floor plan:
3828686594_766085f66e_o.jpg

Carnation's floor plan:
3828686544_05b5a62746_o.jpg

Last edited:
basically, they added doors to the den and called it a bedroom (the dimensions should be changed to 9'0" x 9'0" though) ...:rolleyes:

i wonder if they will layout the washroom for all the units like in the carnation ... i find that one less cluttered without the loss of main closet space.

Back