News   Apr 26, 2024
 169     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 253     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 445     0 

Zip & Vibe at Liberty Village (Monarch, 2x 24s, G+C) COMPLETE

March 7 2009 update

wow ... I'm suprised there's no posts on Vibe since October ... anyhow, it has reached ground floor and going UP! :D

IMG_3475-1.jpg

In a word...hideous (green panelling and windows?). Although at least Zip and Vibe will mask most of Battery Park and they're a slight improvement.

I'm seriously perplexed why anyone would like London. It's also horrendous.

I think Zip + Vibe would have been 100% nicer had Monarch used another colour of spandrel panels ... maybe a deeper shades grey, blue, or green

this light green / aqua is really killing me ~

Even with different colours, they would still be total slabs. They look like some of the condos at MCC surrounding Square One.

These condos are in no way, shape, or form cool enough to be part of Liberty Village. Everything about the design, including those white frame gazebo things in the photo above and the round lamps attached to them (secondary school chic), look like they were designed 15 years ago.

I hear Monarch's finishes are good, so that's a plus, I guess.

The finishes are mediocre and the suite layouts are horrendous - which is typical of Monarch - I have no idea how they have a decent reputation. I've been in 4 different suites between Zip and Battery Park and not one of them would I consider worthy of purchase and it makes me angry. As for the white frame monstrosities, all I can say is thank God they're at the back of the property/facing the railway and no one can see them while driving through Liberty Village. They look like US style "projects" in waiting.

It's quite a shame as the neighbourhood is clearly the most up and coming of the entire downtown core with Thuet, the new Chapelfor for next year, Balzacs, Mildred's Temple Kitchen, Maro, Schoolhouse, etc. all having set up shop. Hopefully LVTO and Bliss will turn out like the renderings/models and add some sophistication to the condos in the neighbourhood. Toy Factory and Market Lofts are also very good.

while I can not comment on Battery Park, the units I've seen in Zip (+ other floorplans I've looked at) have been quite impressive, spaces seemed to be well laid out and the finishes I wouldn't consider as mediocre (that word I reserve for Daniels) ... I particularly like Zip the fact that units are wide + shallow, which means plenty of windows (hence sun light) in the suites

my $0.02 worth ~

I'm not a fan of Zip's exterior - and I'm a Zip resident!
But I do love my interiors, love my layout (wide, shallow, like Solaris says - great use of space). And the finishes are decent. All in all, a great building on the inside, very "blech" on the outside, I will agree.

so is Zip already registered? I'm not a resident but am interested to know how long it took for Zip to register (if it already has)

Renderings

For the record, building renderings for Zip + Vibe (while it is still available) ... rendering for Battery Park is no longer available

ZIP
zip.jpg

VIBE
vibe.jpg

Back