News   May 07, 2024
 94     0 
News   May 07, 2024
 169     1 
News   May 07, 2024
 720     3 

Zip & Vibe at Liberty Village (Monarch, 2x 24s, G+C) COMPLETE

Hey, Redroom Studios: Don't give away my "trade" secrets!:)

Is it true I hate yuppies? Absolutely. The LV types are particularly sickening. They are (mostly) suburbanites "disguised" as urbanites. A giant frat house/college dorm for the mid-20 to mid-30-somethings with little attachment to the "real" Toronto other than their Bay St finance or media jobs. Bores.

Just examine LV by day. By night, anywhere in Toronto looks good. That is one of Toronto's secrets. But, LV is just so predictable....it bores me. (However, as with CP, many of LV's single females are super hot, and yep, I've dated some of them. Sadly, they ended up boring me.)

true enough, fun observations....

but I was mostly directing my comments at urbandreamer who I happen to have met in real life. he was the one with the hostility towards "yuppies" in the nabe. UD is quite a funky looking dude in his early 30's and basically what I saw was people who dressed and appeared very similar to him. I dont recall seeing any suits walking around or in the Irish pub we grabbed a snack at either... as you say though the definition of yuppy may differ from one person to the next, or indeed that breed may no longer exist at all.

Don't give anything away about him... I think we all have this "image" in our heads of what he looks like.;)

ha ha, glad you found my post. well, I got there about 6:45 pm and had enough daylight to watch the comings and goings while I waited for tomms to show up. Maybe your standards are just too high for people! Me, I'm happy to see anybody who looks educated and interesting that is not an a**hole. I can also get along with grungier types if that is what the situation calls for. But to write off people of this area as fakes seems a bit much to me. As for the build of the neighbourhood certainly its not nearly as fake and sterile as CityPlace, not even close... a very lively neighbourhood from what I saw.

casaguy - that image would likely be wrong. atleast the image I had was way off...

Think brown and shaggy...always red-eyed from all the drugs and alcohol.... Pretty lazy but likes a good shag now and then....

ps: loves to be the centre of attention, and will do anything to achieve that goal!

pss: next UT forum meet, Redroom and UD will both be there!

Sept 25 2008 Update

Zip looking pretty good as it inches to completion ~ from the distance the aqua coloured spandrel panels don't bother me as much :)

From east
IMG_2178.jpg

From west
IMG_2207.jpg

Thanks for the shots, Solaris. I'm liking it more and more. I enjoy how thin the tower is and the green glass, while not the best, is nicer all over. Glad it doesn't have the interspersed brick and pre cast like BP.

First occupancies of this building are in about 6 weeks. At this rate, Monarch's 3rd phase will be topped out before CanAlfa ever gets moving on Liberty Towers and Bliss...

if it makes you feel better, 100 Yorkville uses the same awful green spandrel panels and that is a $1 million + project

The application works for 18 Yorkville's material palette not to forget less is indeed more (although, IMO, the colour is more muted yellow/green on 18 Yorkville)

thanks CGM ... as before, brick+stucco podium part I like ... still can't get over the pale-green spandrel glass panels up-close

Back